Whos religious?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by EvilSkuzzi, May 13, 2009.

?

Whos religious?

1. Christian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Muslim

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hindu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Buddist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Satanist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Athiest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

"they call me the seeker...."

...and vice versa:icon_wink:Hey im just a guy looking for answers no man can provide as of yet.It might not prove the case but respectfully res you too cannot prove your theory,its a stalemate im afraid but that wont stop us from looking for answers,its in our genetic make up to be curious and to seek knowledge my friend,good responses and im lovin this thread while stoned,its a trip im telling ya,lol,i might even crack open a vial of 50x salvia extract and see where it takes me along with the weed and valium:bigok:Peace res:ebert:

I am NOT christian in the way you all are asking me questions like i have the answers,lol,im a 'seeker' "been searching low and high...i dont get to get what im after ,till the day i dieee" (the seeker-the who),id much rather believe in the stargate event horizon wormhle than some other stuff i read about,i study all religions cos theres GOTTA be one little iota of truth there somewhere,over timne peole have testified to miracles or unexplainable things,im just tokin away on a trip of self and worldy discovery

but hey i could becme a buddhist a sihk ir hindu this time next week if someoine can show me SOMETHING worth believing,so far the bibles my main rference granted but thats only cos i was raised to believe in jesus and the bible until i was 11 and wanted to play football on a sunday down the fields instead of wearing 'my sunday best' and going to church,lol,but i do believe the little i did learn from 0-11 stood me in good stead for the many trials iv faced and overcame in life,some would attribute that to my own doing but a part of me thinks that someones looking down on me up there...maybe its cos iv lost double figurs in best mates to drug overdoses and suicdes i might CRAVE a desire to know my buddies are in a better place...just as i said that tupacs 'thug mansion'comes on the ipod,lol!Peace:potleaf:

ps:Skunky i agree with much of what you say but not the darwins theory bit,i know you are far more educated in many topics than i so i wont try to disprove darwin,lol,all i mean is surely we have come a long way and discovered more than darwin,iv read stuf that pokes holes in his theories but i do believe he got some stuff right for sure ut a LOT wrong or a lot that eventually will be proven to be wrng by some scientist out there...stephen hawkings dying,you fancy taking up his mantle,lol:ponder:Peace skunky:ebert:

Also remember the bible has had many parts removed and also many times translated so man is bound to make errors,i aint saying im an out an out christian who follows the bible you understand,i watch stargate sg1 and atlantis and could just as easilky believe that wormholes take us places we just cant comprehend and if we cant comprehend summit then how can we rule it ut,your a man of logical thinking skunky and res and useless,herb,etc

....surely you understand that the incomprehendable cannot be proven right or wrong cos we just dont know what the multi or universe has out there,like i say,im very open minded on these topics unlike some people either religious or not who have a closed mind,a closed mind will stop you learning things not yet understood if you base your belief system on ONE set of rules or cos of a few things we dont understand,etc.I KNOW we aint the only humanoids in the universe,the law of averages testifies that for me,great posts and thread,im enjoying hering all the opposing and agreeing annd trippy stuff,its a blast

....skunky man you sure did welll at school man,you seem to have a bit of knowledge on several subjects,not just a bit ,a lot,not being sarcastic but genuine,your a clever guy man but for some reason people nit pick at the bible,they dont quote the insightful parts,same with the koran,the muslim religion was far more advanced than christiantiy back in the day of saleem and the crusaders and beyond,many books are either mis translated or misinterpreted just like UBB misunderstood the context of your "are you on crack"comment which i found funny:roll:

2. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I am sorry I did not read the 13 pgs but I am a catholic, and went to a catholic school and everything. You might ask going to a catholic school....did it change me?? Nope...got currupted in High School.:smokin:

I believe that religion plays an important role in peoples lives and with out a spiritual side a lot of people would be lost.

It's about wholism and what the body needs to be complete I am not saying it has to be religion it could be as simple as believing in something.

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

A Christian ethic would have you believe a man already has. I do understand that YOU do not espouse a rigid belief. Just sayin.

On that second one you banged it straight on, IMHO. There's so many truths in most religions.....life truths, morality truths. It's buying into the mythology that gets it all fucked up.

salud mi amigo,

4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Word!!!!!!!!

EXACTLY !!!! Thats what i been saying,i believe in SOMETHING,quite what i dont yet know but theres no way we live and die,theres too much unexplained stuff that contradicts that,i still aint heard a plausible explantion as to why when a person dies scientists have measured huge amounts iof energy emitting and leaving the body and i dont buy the "it dissolves back into the atmosphere theory",i believe it either(the soul or energy) ascends to a higher plane of existence as in the next episode of LIFE,i believe LIFE is eternal 100% and thats not a christiian take just a theory,either that or we maybe enter other dimensions,for all we know we are reborn,lol,fuck that i aint going through all that adolesence pubeerty stage again,lol:roll:Peace bbb:ebert:

5. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

if you ever come to UK or amsterdam we GOTTA hook up for a heavy tokin session res!

res amigo,id love to sit on the porch blazing away with ya anyday cos the type of stuff you post about is all stuff im interested in or want to lern more,like i said im 100% open minded and therefore would never say anyone is right or wrong when it comes to topics like this cos we just dont know,i just dont believe we rot in the ground when we die and thats it...bit of an anti climax if you ask me:roll:Peace res:potleaf:

6. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Skunky ...thanks for the info bro! :thumbsup:

I love science, always did and so does my youngest daughter who is in an accelerated class being she very intelligent. I was thrilled she was accepted into this program which is not offered in many HS's. Not many ppl even know about this program but sure you do lol. She used to get so bored in school to where the teachers would have to give her accelerated assignments to keep her interest. Especially in English as she read before she was 4 and is a book worm...always has been.

She is in Geospatial Science which when she graduates she can go into so many differ fields for they work with so many different data bases. Right now she is tracking sea turtles and actually works with NOAA presently as they are in danger. They love the work she has done and was shocked it was a 9th grader who accumulated so much information. Now she is not sure if she wants to continue with it as she also took on another project with NASA as that too peeks her curiosity as well. All I know is she will be doing something of importance when she is older and graduates from college one day whether it be working with them or another division. Her teacher loves her and said out of all the years he has taught this subject which not many schools even offer it, she is his shining star for she works hard because she is NO longer bored in school and enjoys learning something new. He lets her take on all aspects of this field so by the time she does finish HS she will know which one she enjoys the most. :)

These are all the people they work with .....

U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), U.S. Forest Service (USFS), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), National Imagery and Mapping Agency (NIMA), and U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM),

Pretty cool IMO and hopefully all schools will have this for I do think it is our future and with everyone going "green"...lots of careers will need ppl who learn science in these fields. :)

AP.....actually there is one passage in the bible I always liked because I believe this to be true so not everything taught is actually bad or even a fairy tale. ;) Being I come from a Irish family, you KNOW I had to go to church since the time I was born and out of everything I read in the bible this is my favorite ...

Corinthians 13

Love

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

7. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Id never heard that one before,theres summit for everyone in the bible imo...

theres no doubt mermaid that the bible and koran,etc all contain great lil pearls of wisdom or messages worth reading,i do get it why ppl think its all a novelcos its so far removed from what our society is like today,good quote though:thumbsup:

LOL...Im picturing you in your confirmation dress right now ,yup the irish embrace catholicism like i do weed,lol! Bet yer not a good lil catholic girl no longer,lol:icon_wink:

8. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

Shit, mang, this thread is hard to respond to properly with my kid wanting my attention all the time...

Evolution - I'm a big fan of evolution, but I don't think that we became humans via evolution alone. I also know that there's quite a bit more to it than we know about. Mutations for example - why do they happen? Does this greatest masterpiece of creation (DNA) just... fuck up? Flawed to perfection?

The perceptual self - Thoughts, emotions, etc. being electrical impulses. I get that, in fact I'll hit on that later. So what? My jambalaya is just a a combo of meats, veggies, water, spices, etc. with applied heat. But when you taste the finished product, you get a transendant experience. Then when I crap you've got alot of the same raw materials, but most of you wouldn't want to eat it. Is it the physical event that created the perceptual manifestation, or is it the perceptual force of the self that arranges the raw materials to its own ends.

(back to the kid)

9. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

I read this today an it made me think back to this post.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8055296.stm

10. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Its a much more flexible word than that!

As a derogatory insult, a pejorative - 'you twat!'

A fool, synonymous with the word twit - 'You are a real twat and a half' (often used in the UK)

To express annoyance - 'I caught my twatting knackers in it!'

To express shock - 'Oh twat!'

To hit something (or someone) hard or violently - 'I twatted him one'

In its past participle form, to be drunk or otherwise intoxicated - 'Let's get twatted'

A word to call someone by - 'Get your twat out

11. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Star Wars also has a lot of pearls of wisdom but i dont concider myself a jedi!

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Which brings us right back to buying into the mythology of any religious tenet. Wisdom and insight into to the human condition? Yes. Use as infallible historical texts? Reference material at best.

cheers,

13. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Mutation is a permanent change to DNA. It can be caused by all kinda of things, exposure to UV light(thymine dimers), ionizing radiation, Chemicals/mutagens cause some nucleotides to be chemically altered to something different that changes the way it is transcribed and then translated into protein. Actually foods and what goes into producing our food fits in the chemicals and mutagens, certain foods contain certain substances that may promote certain mutations. It is the main reason why you higher prevalence of certain cancers in certain areas, because of the diet they have.

Another chemical/mutagen could be the exposure of a chimney sweep. Those guys were always cleaning the carbon soot. Little did they know that it contained carcinogens, that combined with their poor hygiene lead to an explosion of testicular cancer. They figured it out by rubbing it on rabbits, they told them to start showering more and it worked!!!! Poor old dick van dyke.

There are normal events that happen all day everyday to your DNA like deaminiation where a amine group is cleaved from an amino acid. For example, deaminiation of 5-methylcytosine to thymine. A psuedo-cytosine(5-methylcytosine) residue is produced my methylation of a cytosine residue. If this psuedo-cytosine is deaminiated it then becomes a thymine residue. With this mutation you no replace an original CG base pair with a TA base pair. Cytosine itself can actually deaminiate to uracil too if the cytosine is unmethylated. This happened all the time during the day but we have mechanisms that take care of it. Like UV damage, all day out in the sun we are exposed to harmful UV rays that cause AT base pairs to become TT base pairs(thymine dimers), if we didn't have repair like that achieved by the enzyme photolyase that restores the original base pairing.

14. PutTheKnivesOn

PutTheKnivesOn Superspartaaaaa

15. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

16. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

i read aboutthat in todays taboloids..

17. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Oh bust my bubble why don't ya!

Here I thought I was Princess Leah....:icon_confused:

Oh and star wars rules! ;)

18. PutTheKnivesOn

PutTheKnivesOn Superspartaaaaa

Lol i would rather read about it in todays tabloids, than yesterdays. ie the bible :p

19. gizmo_barks

gizmo_barks Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Yeah, we all have different beliefs, but we still have a common goal.

Peace Brothers...and Sisters.

20. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

You just have more learning to do is all....my young Padiwan. :smokin: