Mike Ivins NFL reinstatement ??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dazechain, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I had a rather interesting discussion with a friend last weekend pertaining to this subject.

I realize that I w/o doubt bring bias to the table cuz' I am a dog owner...

I also realize in the name of the system and laws created, and time served that Mike is free again.

I also realize that this is symptomatic of what really is wrong with America.

The fact that the NFL reinstated this dog murderer is a classic case of elitism in my book. And immunity from analytical future employers who would in a common man's shoes woulda played hell getting future employment after behaviour such as Mike display'd.

My friend felt I was being too rough on Mike and America's elitism entitlements...as I see it. He said Mike paid his dues, why should he not be able to return to his former career before his incarceration. I ask'd him at the point, if Mike's crime would have been anything else, say some sort of sex crime or morally charged issue...would the outcome have been the same??? Would Mike be playing ball for the Eagles if his crime would have been the molestation of young under-age girls...I'll bet not...so what makes the moral levity of the issue of killing dogs different than a sex related crime, cuz' the honest truth is here, my friend was stifled to produce a fair and reasonable reply to my hypothetical stance on the subject of moral levity, and where our country draws the line on equality.

Just askin'...?? That's all...now back to your normal-ly scheduled routine...

...DC...:XXsunsmile::new_scatter:

2. BlazeOne

BlazeOne Pothead Extraordinaire

You mean mike vick? because i have my opinion on that

There's definitely favoritism towards celeberties and even more for big celebs such as pro athletes. I, being both a pitbull owner and a football fan think that he should be reinstated. The only reason is: The courts took his money. What actually should have happened was he should have been able to keep his money and be banned from playing in the nfl, but since they took his money I think he has the right to try and earn some of it back; because remember they didnt just take the money he made from dog fighting they also took money that was rightfully his that he earned.

3. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Does anyone in the NFL or the public realize that this cocksucker,shithead,loser,punk, FAKE MAN/HUMAN.......has gone to a MAJOR college??????????? The asshole has an education!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE DOES NOT NEEEEEEEEEED the NFL.......the NFL NEEEEEEEDS HIM!!!!!!!! BUT!!!!! He knows where the money is right???

The dude is a scumbag!!! Period!!! If anyone is capable of killing animals, knocking out teeth, beating animanls to death etc....etc....etc....Then they are very capable of doing major harm to people........he should NEVER be allowed to play the game in the public eye, EVER!!! Make it like it is for a FELON.....those folks have to walk a fine line daily just to be able to make minimum wage if they're lucky......VICK should be put in the bottom of the bag with the rest of the shake, stems and seeds! Same with Plaxico Burress, Dante Stahlworth.......shit the list is endless.........I love my steelers but .....Mr. Superbowl touchdown Santonio Holmes shouldnt be allowed to play either......he got caught with a ounce of weed and 3 rolled blunts, while smoking a blunt driving to practice in week 12 last year of their superbowl winning season.......he got suspended by the TEAM for 1 game vs. New York.............I love my weed, but what the fuck is that????????

These guys a role models to your kids and my future children, you buy the jersey cause your kids love the players......now we got kids thinkin its OK to KILL???? As long as your a GREAT athelete????????

Question is : What happened to his buddies????? They just had their hands in it at a minimum, Vick supplied EVERYTHING!!! His friends are STILL STILL STILL in prison for 2 more years!!!!!! WHY ISNT HE??????????

I love the NoFunLeague or NFL but its politics are total trash ass garbage, as long as you shine like a star.....you get a lifetime hallpass to even KILL, dismember and mame!!!!

FUCK EM!

Sorry for the profain rant and extreme cussing

justmaintaing likes this.
  4. pookie

pookie Veggy Stage

Vick is a scumbag

and his employment in the nfl proves just how immoral the sports religion is. any talented idiot who can throw a football and run is allowed, as long as sports worshippers continue to go to the temple, aka games, drop their money into the collection plate, that is by buying merch. this shows just what the sports bishops think of the believers, that is: they are stupid and gullible. enjoy the game, suckers.

5. Confused420

Confused420 Full Flowering

he did his time, now he has the right to earn his living, Everyone who says that he shouldn't get to play have the double standard. should everyone who comits a crime never be allowed to get their jopb back?

6. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

Comparing a dog fight to a child rapist is a bit far fetched I think. Listen I love dogs but to equate them to humans is ridiculous. So to me dog fighting is another victimless crime. Stupid and cruel yes worth locking away a man for no. And definetly not worth killing over.

Chris makes some good points about the NFL though. Seems if you havent commited a felony at some point you wont fit in. Gives me an idea we could just have a national prison football league! Fuck paying them if they win the championship they get private showers for a week. And the losers go to the hole. After about 2 years the level of play would probally be comparable.

7. Dazechain

NFL = National Felon League

8. Dazechain

\

...indeed, a hollow, shallow thought here...wake the hell up, poser. You call yer' bad self an American?? Ya' think??

puh-leeze....

9. Dazechain

Do you not understand parallels...good grief.

Apples and oranges you say...ya' think much...

I am literally saying that the fact that Vick was reinstated by the NFL primarily, and then hired back contractually with that Philly team is a perfect case of elitist thuggery. I dare you to go and try that same crime on for size...see how far you get...I can damn sure guarantee you it would keep you from any decent job for the remainder of your "do as I say, not as I do" days. You seem like a heartless sob.

Fuck elitist scum...yes, I'm pissed, no fuckin' denial in these bones.

10. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

Well arn't we special.....

U seem to be the one comparing apples to oranges by bringing in different crimes into the occasion.

My point was its retarded for any person to go to prison for fighting dogs so sure why not let him play.

I have a heart but I save my emotions for things like my fellow man not animals.

I have a kick ass golden retriever that I'm pretty fond of at the moment, if she died tomorrow I wouldn't shed a tear. However if a family member dies then no dought I would be grief sticken. So I guess I do have a heart but I'm emotionally mature enough to not let bullshit cloud my days.

11. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

double post

12. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I strongly disagree

And if you feel that way about your own dog, then why even bother feeding her?

13. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

Cuz I'm not going to go swimming after the ducks and geese that I shoot. I am fond of her and my daughter and wife would be upset if something happened. To me animals are tools to be used by man. Whether it is for companionship or otherwise. Still just a tool used by monkeys with opposable thumbs

14. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Typical Browns fan..............you dont even like yourselves, lol...........I always knew there was no heart in the dog pound:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

15. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

Our heart went to baltimore...... :D . Slowly its being brought bck one miserable season after another.

16. pookie

pookie Veggy Stage

lets not forget the cruelty

of vick's actions. using smaller dogs as 'bait' for training, and hanging and starving dogs that didnt kill effectively enough. c'mon man. and we have to assume that somebody GOT OFF on the suffering of the animals. its one thing to 'not shed a tear' at the death of an animal, another thing entirely to enjoy it. if we excuse this, what will we excuse next?:shocked:

17. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

Im pretty sure its the gambling they get off on.... but yeah there are a lot of sadistic people out there.

If your going to kill something do it cleanly wether its an enemy or an animal, suffering sucks.

18. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

Pitt Bull Terriers

THEY ARE BREED FOR THE ABILITY TO NOT LOOSE FOCUS ON OTHER DOGS & YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN THEM TO FIGHT THER ARE SO MANY MIXES THAT YOU DONT KNOW WHAT TENDISIES THEY WILL HAVE PUT A REAL AMERICAN PITT BULL TERRIER YOU HAVE TO TRAIN THEM NOT TO FIGHT AND IF YOU DONT TURN THAT FOCUS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THERE INSTICTS TAKE OVER REAL ONES NEVER GET MUCH OVER 50 POUNDS AND WONT BITE A PERSON WHEN BROKEN UP THEY STAY FOCUSED ONTHE ON THE DOG SO I TRAIN MINE TO HUNT CAUSE THAT IS WHAT A TERRIER WAS BRED FOR BULL DOGS ARENT AGRESIVE TERRIERS ARE JUST SOME INFO FOR THOSE WHO DONT REALY KNOW ..... ROSEVELT HAD THEM THE MOST DECORATED DOG IN THE MILATARY WAS A MARINE PIT BULL WHO WOULD QUIT TILL THEY ARE DEAD AND OUT OF 20 PIT BULL TERRIERS IVE OWNED SINCE I WAS 10 THE ONLY BITER WAS HALF GERMAN SHEPERD ( A GUARDIAN BREED ALSO THE NUMBER 1 BITER IN THE WORLD ) NOT A TERRIER ( HUNTING DOG) AND THE NEXT MOST COMMON BITER IS LITTLE ANKLE BITTERS THAT NO ONE THINKS CANHURT A SOUL ;;;;I HAVE A CUT NOSE 5 STITCHES WHEN I WAS 5 MY SISTER HAD HER LIP PUT BACK ON AT 8 BOTH OVE WITH WERE 5 POUND DOGS THAT THE OWNERS THOUGHT COULD'NT HURT ANYONE CAUSE IT JUST A LITTLE DOG.... ILIKE THE LOYALTY OF A DOG THAT WOULD DIE LOCKED ON TO SOMETHING TO PROTECT MY INFANTS THAT IS NOW GONNA BE 21 SAT

I JUST HATE WHEN PEOPLE THAT DONT KNOW ANIMALS THINK THAT WHAT THEY HEAR IS LAWW MY HOUSE DOG WOULD PROTECT YOUR KIDS FROM EVEN ME CAUSE THAT IS WHERE I PUT HER TRAINING SORRY IF I OFFEND BUTI KNOW THE TRUTH A BOUT ANIMALS AND DONT BELEVE NEWS PROPAGANDA:bong2: :passit: :fly:p.S. IDONT FIGHT DOGS BUT I HAVE SEEN THEM AND DONT CNDONE IT LIKE STREET THUGS THAT DONT CAREABOUT THIER ANIMALS I LOVE MY DOGS I LIKE BOXING UFC AND ALL OF THOSE SPORTS IDONT GAMBLE OR DRINK BUT I KNOW THEY ARE NOT FORCED TO FIGHT JUST LIKE THE DOGS THEY LOVE TO REALY THEY ENJOY IT BOT I DONT SEE LETTIN A DOG JUST GRT KILLED CAUSE ITS OUT CLASSED ITS WRONG:siskel:

19. pookie

pookie Veggy Stage

pit bulls

are uninsurable. why, because they are an unrecognized breed, and they kill and/or maim unpredicably. over and over again i see in the paper incidences of family pit bulls attacking pets who are on their own property, running into someones house if the door is open to attack, etc. a bit bull is like a defective loaded gun, it could go off any moment. excessive inbreeding is the cause. you may think your kids are safe, but your neighbor's kids arent, neither is the old lady/man who lives in the neighborhood. shrill objection (in caps) dont change the facts, man.:siskel:

20. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Yea, Micheal Vick and Micheal Irvine aren't even close to the same person. Irvine catches drug charges not animal cruelty. Or he just neglects to pay speeding tickets then gets pulled over and gets paraphernalia charges.:rofl: :rofl: For real the Irving and Dallas Police Department doesn't seem to like Irvine too much.