Vote - CNN Poll - Should drugs be legal in the U.S.?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by snickelfritz, Apr 15, 2009.

1. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

2. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

I voted and man I'm really suprised to see so many intelligent replies regarding the topic. Makes me wonder how much our vote really counts anymore shit!!!

3. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

I voted :thumbsup:

Do you think the United States should legalize drugs?

No way 6% - 123

Yes, all drugs 50% - 998

Only marijuana 43% - 862

Total Votes: - 1983

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Do you think the United States should legalize drugs?

No way6%123 Yes, all drugs50%1001 Only marijuana43%865 Total Votes: 1989

I voted. No surpise at the percentages. 93% in favor of some form of legalization.

5. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

I don't do drugs.....just weed.

6. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Agreed!

I voted for weed only.

7. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

I voted all and I don't do anything besides bud, some alcohol and the rare advil liquigel. LOL We just need to protect our fellow man instead on condemn them. For real drugs can be dangerous no doubt but unregulated production of drugs is far more dangerous.

8. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Amen, did the same my man. :smoke2:

9. bLITzkRIEg420

bLITzkRIEg420 sHAPesHIFTinG rEPTiLiAN

I think the option for "other" drugs kills the movement to legalize Mj because it categorizes it with other dangerous drugs that people do not want in their neighborhoods. It should be legalize Marijuana Yes or No? I am shocked at the results. Would love to see the vote results on just a target "Conservative" base.

10. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Only voted yes to bud.

Not surprised that "all drugs" is winning and LOL was thinking OK so if they win, maybe all the hardcore drug addicts will overdose so I do not have to worry anymore about them getting SSI for burning all their brain cells. ;)

Sorry but I am against ppl using coke, crack, heroin or any mind altering drug that yes will permanently damage your brain and neuro system for life. Plus bud is a herb and not addictive IMO for I can stop when I want and sure others can too. You may miss it or want it but it will not take over your life to where you lose everything from being a user. Glad they had a separate one for weed... ;)

Peace~mermaid

11. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

If good quality, potent bud is abundant and legal, people wouldn't need all that other crap.

On a side note, why do people try PCP? Have you ever heard of a GOOD PCP experience?

12. nappyhawk

nappyhawk New Sprout

NEVER. I'll second all above comments :)

13. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I am against people using harmful drugs too, but to say the government shouldn't be able to tell us what to do with our bodies leads down that road. I've never tried coke, never will, but if someone wants to, that is their business, and the government shouldn't be involved in it. The same thinking that leads to marijuana legalization can do the same for everything else too.

TheFomorian likes this.
  14. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

I voted for all drugs. If someone wants to smoke crack/shoot up, let them. We're already paying for them in terms of ER care, jailing, rehab programs, etc. I'd rather not pay for any of it, but at the very least let's cut out the prison bill and remove some of the power of the drug cartels.

Besides, I think with full legalization/regulation and REAL EDUCATION about the subject, you'll see a huge decrease in the use of harder drugs. The "gateway" of MJ is that people are told "X" will happen when they smoke. Then they try a J and realize that they were being lied to. If lied to about MJ, then crack/coke/heroin must not be that bad either, right?

I need coffee...

15. SWED420

SWED420 Developed Alternating Nodes

pot should never have became illegal...coke and any other drug thats hard should be illegal, only cus crack and stuff is addicting, also acid and im not sure wat else ,can seep through your pores, ive seen people pet a cat on excstasy or shrooms etc, and the cat was high..you sweat alot on exstasy so think ,if hard drugs were legal alot more people may do it.they may not kno alot about it,while they are feeding there newborn baby theyr really getting it high also dont heroin make you sit there for days and meth keeps u awake till u pass out from exhaustion..will some1 please think of the children? lol(woman from simpsons)

16. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

:icon_scratch: Ok......well......ummm.....Wow!! :eek:

The last thing we need are cat's on shrooms :eek: :yikes:

17. SWED420

for sure... you should see em when it happens, but ya as far as i kno all drugs go through your pores some are more potent i geuss...? so am i the only person who's heard of this? if its wrong correct me i just never googled it cus the cat looked messed up everytime(not my cat) lol

18. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

I've petted my cat while on a variety of psychadelic drugs. I don't think he was getting high. It'd have to come out of the skin, make it through the fur, be absorbed by the cat's skin, etc. Not likely that it would happen because the amounts of the chemicals are so small. However, most animals seem to trip when their masters are tripping because they are reacting to the odd behavior of said master.

I know herion comes out of the pores (heard it in a movie), but don't have any experience/knowledge on that one...

19. SWED420

not saying your wrong or im right , but if your all messed up ex your palms get the most sweaty,so wat i mean is ur up all night till tomoro petting it with your sweat, i know wat you mean by its not concentrated but they like salt all animals do,so it wouldnt go through the fur but they clean themselves 'licking' so i assumed thats how it could happen..? and also theyd wanna clean it off them cus they like salt...

20. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

Oh yeah, there's that. Maybe that's why my cat is so crazy. :icon_confused:

I'd love to test the theory, but my LSD/shroom/ecstacy days are over...