You Know My Steez

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by krondikebar, Feb 8, 2009.

1. krondikebar

krondikebar In A Cloud Of Kush Smoke

IMAGES ARE BETTER THAN WORDS. HERE ARE FEW OF THE ARTISTS I LISTEN TO. SOME A LOT MORE THAN OTHERS, AND THERE IS PLENTY NOT IN HERE...

RIP MAC DRE

[​IMG]

WEEZY F

[​IMG]

TECH N9NE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I like this thread, it just shows that everyone can have different opinions without shittin all over the other person. Now, I listen to all kinds of hip hop and like t double said, there's lyricist and then there's rapper. I can appreciate all of them, do I hate some artists, of course but, I'll give anything a listen once. And I do appreciate real hip hop, the krs ones, mos defs, but, like I said I enjoy all kinds, I listen to lil jon, Memphis bleek, it just depends on what kinda mood I'm I suppose. Recently I've been listening to alot of "hood" shit per say, I enjoy it cuz of the slammin bass but, there's alot of good songs that are passed up just because people just think it's only good for one thing or another but, every artist has a good song that gets looked past I beleive. Anyway the moral of the story is I can see everyones view on the subject but, you gotta bump what males you happy, and I enjoy of all! 1 up for this thread!!

3. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

word up ganja, thats what im talkin about........you can find me from time to time bumpin some ol south music.....i listened to it alot before it got way popular......the color changin click, shit like that......paul wall and chamillionaire- get ya mind correct.....ill bump that, even tho it was all about jewelry and shit, when it first came out it was dope, nobody was doin it like them at the time, at least not where i am from....then of course it went main stream and naturally i hate it now.....i used to be pretty big in to paul wall tho, then he made peoples champ and i was done listening........i noticed some outkast up there.....definitely some south music i can listen too.....

and lets not forget the godfathers of south RIP pimp c

i like this thread, lets keep it goin.....i wanna see some links to what other folks are listenin too. peace

4. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

What about some TRIPLE 6!!!!!! Well not the new stuff..... HAHAHA I love the old 3-6, like where is tha bud and shit like that. ICy whites and shit. Oh yea can't forget Bin laden weed. Anyone like some obe trice? I like that shit. UGK? Dead prez?

Before I bounce, here is another busted ass choped and screwed mix I did for a buddy back in the crooked I(Irving, TX outside Dallas). Anyways it was fun to fuck with from time to time. This one is better than the other one if you checked it out. It was done on the comp too though.

http://media.putfile.com/Young-llac--If-you-ballin-screwed-blazechoppin

5. big t double

nice stuff skunky......dead prez is proper man......the chopped up mixes you did were pretty nice, what program do you use??? and what effect was that on the second track...some kind of phazer???? sounded pretty dope. i like some 3-6....like you said, the older stuff....gotta check my post above man, i threw a couple ugk tracks up.....they are always at the top of my list.

6. skunky

Some BS program called virtual DJ I downloaded and found a crack for the trial. Yea the one effect is just a phaser, it as dual slope control for the phaser but that's about the nicest thing that player has. I wish it would let you do seemless loops because then I could really mix it up more the way I want it. I used to have some tables when I was younger just some denon digital turntables that could play mp3's also. Those were much better.

7. big t double

yea i had a crack of that too, never got too far in it, at the time i also had a crack of fruity loops and i used that more.....then my computer crashed and i lost em both......... now i rock an mpc2500 and two technique 1200's with a four channel vestax mixer, i upgraded the crossfader....

i cant let this thread die.....there is jus too much hip hop to not be postin more shit

nothin like some rowdy rap music

m.o.p.-ante up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3U3R3b1dOg

m.o.p.- how about some hardcore.....i recently took to the death off my mp3 player to make room for some new shit....but yea i still bump this ol ass shit tho....and yes, i still love it....... i still have three other full m.o.p. albums on my player still, warriorz, firing squad and one more i cant think of the name right now

8. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

Interesting stuff in here. Whoever said Ace Hood needs to know that i saw him in Pittsburgh international airport we were on the same flight to south carolina. That bitch was ridin coach and i was flossin on his punk ass. I had one of my tag's on with diamonds in the bezel crisp pair of la dee da's with a velour track suit to match. He was seriously lookin at me hatin i believe. "Nigga's hate me cuz i shine like the fuckin sun!"

Some of the last posts are right up my alley. Fruity loops is good i mean look what soulja boy did with it! I'm more so a mod tracker. I'll record .wavs and track em down 12 channels is the highest i've done.

Spinning and mashups are more my speed tho i love gettin on the one&two and makin ppl dance.

Here are a few songs out of my playlist sorry i'm too lazy to link em.

Young Jeezy w/ Ludacris Grew up a screw up

Weezy Phone Home

Lil Troy Wanna be Baller

Ron Browz ft. a whole list Poppin Champagne

Erk Tha Jerk Don't Need Em<---This song is filled with hard ass rhymes and it is one of my anthems."Ladder to success nah dis an escalator"

Tracey T's Swagger Right Check get's in my head

I love Paul Wall's analogies. So much one is in my signature. Bangin Screw and Chunk up a Deuce are 2 goodies.

I like alot out of TEXAS. That low slow chopped n screwed i'm wit it.

Just a my 2 cents. Enjoy!!! DSP

9. skunky

Lil troy what no pastor troy??? ah man you got me fucked up HAHAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wlx-Ug8Fi4&feature=related

What about some DSGB???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQWvM5CHAPc&feature=related

Here's something that bridges the pond man, I wouldn't be suprised if the majority of you guys don't even know what's up with this shit. YEAAAA WHERE DA G's?????

Dizzee rascal and bun B UGK

Bun B is seriously one of my favs, dude has a way with words and can actually rap unlike a lot of new guys.

10. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

You can download acidpro for free off the net! It's all u need for mixing, and making tacks. REal fun program once u get the hang of it! If u cant find the DL just ask me and I can send it to ya!

11. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

Hell yea I like all the old 3-6 mafia trax! Even the new CD project pat put out is good shit

12. skunky

Yea I have acid pro and I hate it. It's only good for loop based stuff and I can do most the stuff that program can do with a little akai sampler. I have protools and cakewalk that i like a lot better although I haven't messed with any of that in probably 2 years or so. I used all that for recording purposes(guitar). Those programs you can do SOOOOO much more on. They have really awesome midi functions too, well if you have a midi controller. That was cool for messing around making beats(trying to anyway). Have you ever heard of the software called reason by propellerhead its pretty cool it has all kinds of drum machines and synth modules and crap that you can play around with. It's cool cause you can set it up like you really would on a rack and manipulate things like you would with the machine in front of you, pretty cool stuff. Might check out the demo,

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/

13. big t double

yo skunk, i know you werent talkin ta me but fuck it, haha.....i have a version of reason....its called reason adapted.....its kinda like a taster of what reason is really like.....ive used some bass sounds and some small synth type sounds.....i have to rewire it thru protools and then hook it up with midi to my mpc thru the m-box......its kind of a pain but its a dope program......i fuck a little with protools....mostly for recording by beats and vocals on top, i dont build tracks in it......im a hardware guy, ill never not use an mpc.....i have a midi controller too but i mainly use it to lay down basslines, i have a few bass patches right in my mpc.....i fucked with acid pro but also didnt like it....i do know a few cats that get down on it tho....you should send some guitar loops so i can chop em up

yea steelcity, exactly...... look what soulja boy did with it, made a crap ass track, i hope you were bein sarcastic:) ......that kid is a disgrace. if you wanna give fruity loops props by tying it to a dope producer try 9th wonder. he did beats for little brother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZEMtfn85Z4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNU5ZZi8GpE

lil troy wanna be a baller....still....yes!!!!!! dope track. ill listen to that anytime.

14. big t double

goddammit....theres gotta be more hip hop heads out there that wanna post up some links to theyre favorite shit......i cant jus let this thread die that easy...sorry

"mario c cant front on that" mario caldetto is a dope mofo....dont get no better than this shit right here......who dont like the fuckin beasties!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzaFGMQRBfs

more from the beasties

ill probly jus keep bringin this thread up from time to time cause its dope...im glad you started it kron!!!!!

15. skunky

16. big t double

awesome! my cousin sent me that link not too long ago......he usually keeps me updated with the latest andy sandberg cuts......hes a funny dude......ugly as fuck tho, no homo...haahaha, im glad to see this thread got brought back up

classic shit from nas-represent

nas is like- premos dope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxvZDoKMasE

did anyone ever read scratch magazine when it was in publication????? they did a write up with nas and dj premier and they were talkin about gettin down on an album......i hope that happens.

17. skunky

Yo T what it do big double t pimpin!!:smokin:

For some reason the Nas made me want to listen to some old school ass wu tang. YEAAAAA

ENJOY!!! I know ya will!

18. big t double

youre goddamned right i enjoyed that....what a great way to spend 4 minutes and thirty eight seconds.....i like how they gave him his own track on 36 chambers.....hes one of my favorite rappers ever

"chim chim-eny chim chim cher-ree..freak a flow and flow fancy free" hahahah that chit cracks me up......

meth and red should be droppin the blackout 2 soon.....cant wait.

dont even wanna comment on that weaksauce "freestyle"

id listen to your labcoat rap any day man, im sure it murks tyga..hahahha

c'mon, who else listens to hip hop

19. skunky

20. big t double

i hate ja rule too....im not a huge fan of em or 50 either tho....i will say that eminems verses kills it.....lloyd banks is alright....i think mostly cause i like how he stuck wit the name lloyd.....how lame is that for a rapper hahahha

heres my favorite 50 cent song ever.....and its a diss song too...to the whole entire industry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRqRKoFjvWk

whatchall know about the madd rapper!!!!!! that was one of the first rekkids i ever bought when i got my first ever set of tables........ the madd rapper mix tape.......man, that was before anyone knew who the fuck 50 cents was...

heres proof too, i dont jus click around youtube postin up random shit, i actually own this shit:thumbsup: :thumbsup: check the techniques on the left.

[​IMG]

kinda fuzzy but you can still see the title

[​IMG]

i used to scratch the piss out of the intro on that track......now when you listen to it, its all shitty soundin....i fucked it up, back when i used to have belt drive tables and were wobbly as fuck.....the only way to keep the needle from bouncin was to tape a quarter on the head shell, lotsa weight...... ground the fuck outa all my early rekkids.