33minutes ago(Associated Press)>Obamas 1st major mistake!Obama 0-Mermaid 1

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheApprentice, Feb 27, 2009.

1. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

I too saw 'Iran and the West'...great true life tv!!!

I also saw here in the UK on tv over past few weeks the documentary called 'Iran and the West',it was very worthwhile watching,id advise anyone to google it ,im sure it was bbc1 or channel4 but the tvlinks sites:icon_wink: will be uning it no doubt...

I also agree and said on the forum a while back that pres obama is being inaugurated at the worst possible time in living memory,i said he would need to hit the gound running,aint no 7 month george bush jnr type holidays to play golf for obama,hes been throwen in at the deep end but hes the one that assured us his age /experience wouldnbt be a problem as he would surround himself with the best veterans of the party which to a extent he has bu that was to be expcted,they were all prolly pre chosn for obama from the minute he won the electin:rolleyes:

He did great shutting down guantanamo bay as his 1st major exec desicion but i just think his withdrawal plan is flawed,we MUST leave iraq and some sort of stable shape and as for afghanistan we should be pouring in more troops in there,look where it sits on the world map,it has the potential if they were armed and at war to invade Iran and other oil rich nations,they could even becme popular like hamas did winning elections in Gaza,,i just thik we got unfinsihed business n helmand province,we said we were gonna smoke em out and i wanna se smoke,hell even send in some ferrets my mates got to flush them out,we gota catch osama bin aden before we leave thsat region....soz for type erors im stoned to fuck and its 06:21am:eek:..im outta here:cya:

2. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

you are so wrong about helmand province......just stop please

3. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

the apprentice

hey ta http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burr-Hamilton_duel

that took two secs to find...google..what a tool...

i had a couple of comments about your comments...you are really smart on current events...i stay home and watch the news channels and history and a and e and all the other shit..plus read the news on the internet constantly...the reason i say that is because i am a pretty good judge of what people know or if they are blowing smoke if you get my drift...the thing is you have original ideas as well...anyone can spout the daily shit from msnbc or fox or cnn or any of the internet sites...but not you...and you are really smart on whats what...i just wanted to tell you that..

i would like to remind you that saddam did try to kill bushs daddy..i think thats a big deal...i mean if i had the power to off someone that tried to kill my dad...i would be signed up for that...saddam needed to go...thats all i have to say about that...now one more thing..

i would like you to remember that the us is the police of the world right now...there is no one else...i dont agree that we are but that is neither here nor there..its a fact...all those un and the other worldly organizations mean little or nothing...really.. the us makes decisions all the time that are not in our benefit...i mean if you were paying our taxes you would not like it either..i know you guys have taxes as well..but you are not paying the military budget that we do...but what are you going to do...there someone has to do it...can you imagine a bar without a bouncer,,,,just doesnt work..we made some or even a bunch of mistakes...but we did this with good intentions and for the silent majority of iraqiis that no one hears from they were thankful...

i also think now is the time for obama..its the natural order of things... the ying and the yang...bush is a simple man...not very complicated...but his heart is as honest as there has ever been in the white house....ok thats if for me...i will continue to read your political statements ta...and keep up the good work...i enjoy it very much...

TheApprentice likes this.
  4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Im glad you UNDERSTAND the method to my madness..

[​IMG] nc i appreciate the comments and im glad you like most other GKers know that my posts,albeit mostly too long,they are not generic copy and pastes with no PERSONAL OPINIONS,i dont follow the herd although im ALWAYS OPEN TO HEARING OTHERS NEW IDEAS,OPINIONS,ETC AND IM OPEN TO CHANGING MY MIND ON SUBJECTS IF I REASSESS WHAT I BELIEVE TO BE RIGHT BASED ON ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW.I never assume that ANY person who posts on here ,if i agree with them or not,are stupid or dont know what they are talking about cos you can not KNOW a person merely by stuff he types while stoned...

i am totally organic in my writings,meaning i dont start a post with a structure in mind or even my key points,i just respond to what i see others writing or my feelings on the topics at hand,i start typing spliff in my mouth and i only stop when i realise im digressing far away from the topic,my writings are purely based from my own learnings and memories unless i post an article i feel others would enjoy.Im glad you see this mc,much of my rep iv recieved is for not being afraid to speak out on what i feel in politics so i know that my posts may be too long but i do have ppl out there who read them even if they dont agree with them cos they know it comes from the heart and not from someone else blog or some shit.

I type from genuine memory and dont sit with another window open with all the answers hence i may get the odd answer wrong like MK GUY pointed out about me saying Helmand was bigger than france,i meant to say AFGHANISTAN was a region not far smalle ror bigger than France and that HELMAND PROVINCE is BIGGER than the whole country i live in which it is easily,i mean come on man,in northern Ireland during the 'troubles'(i see today that the 'real IRA killed to UK soldiers in belfast:sad4::icon_salut:) the remote regions like south armagh were far harder to deal with than the hustle and bustle of the city of BEFLAST,in fact on average going from memory im pretty sure that it worked out that out of every patrol on a tour of duty in south armagh(BANDIT/SNIPER COUNTRY) and other remote border regions between the UK and the republic of Eire,one guy in every patrol would end up dead before their tour of duty if it was in south armaagh,hell even the S.A.S were knee deep in shit for years in an area no where near the size of helmand and with no complex cave systems thousands of years old,these are smugglers caves and hiding caves built back in the middle ages or earlier man!

MK GUY:eusa_naughty:Please dont tell me i dont know shit about HELMAND PROVINCE respecftfully 'MK GUY' cos i have ppl i know and care about out there in Helmand and believe me ,the UK have concentrated ALL their special forces and elite divisions to that area,while America was concentrating on Iraq,the UK forces were concentrating on the afghanistan front,we have been there alongside america from day one and we spend a vast amount per capita per person considering we are a small nation not even as big as California OR MANY OTHER usa STATES,i know plenty about Helmand but i cant and wont type it cos its stuff my mates tell me when we go drinking when they return from their tour of duty before returning again,i could rant about how they dont have enough decent equipment ,ESPECIALLY the territorials(reservists) them guys didnt even have helmets which resulted in a few deaths.You dont know me MK GUY same as i would never tell you how you dont know shi9t about something cos all i know about you is what you type on growkind and i tend to just spark up a spliff read a thread and reply thinking as i typpe so sometimes i digress a bit,sometimes i dont quite get my point across but i aint some 30year old who gets his news from the internet daily,i read books,i love history and i keep abreast of as much of the worlds politics as i can

:bongin: ....at least im bold enough to put my self 'out there' for ppl to critisice me for my opinions rather than having none or by just following the herd.Think Twice before you ASSUME someone knows jack shit about a subject cos we all know when peeps ASS-U-ME it makes an ASS- out of -U -not ME:icon_wink:

[​IMG]

5. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

and this just in from my news source YAHOO NEWS,lol...

Back to the original disagreement i have with both the UK and the USA withdrawals,i UNDERSTAND the NEED to get out and leave them to sort it out but we MUST leave them in a better way than we found them,as it is we will be leaving them with the pack of wolves that ios Iran and Hezbollah at their doors aswell as the fact the new model Iraqi police force and army is totally corrupt,at night they use govt trucks to go and attack sunni muslims and vice versa all while wearing police and army uniforms:angry7:... i agree Iraq is our modern day korea and we should never have been there but we gotta ensure that at least the UN and the arab league like Egypt and other arab states will have peace keeping forces to stop corruption and increase border controls and enforce them too.IF ONLY WE OFFERED THE HALF A MILLION UNEMPLOYED/DISENFRANCHISED IRAQI REPUBLICAN GUARD THEIR ARMY JOBS AND PENSIONS BACK THEN MAYBE PEACE COULD BE RESTORED NATURALLY WITHOUT OUR PRESENCE THEIR:ponder:

As for afghanistan,the UK have made it clear theres NO WAY WE CAN LEAVE... the tribal region that covers the pakistan and afghan border is the route to the caves in the mountains that both the taliban and al quaida use to launch their mortar attacks,etc on UK and US forces,an all out offensive MUST be taken before we even THINK about leaving Helmand and other areas of afghansitan,the south is full of taliban taking control of tribal areas bit by bit,even Kabul the capital has suicide bombings going of regulalrly.When we leave Iraq and/or afghanistan we will be leaving a huge huge vacum that our enemies will totally exploit and yet again we will leave our native friends over there exposed to be killed for aiding and abetting us 'infidels'....i dont think that shits cool...fair enough we NEED to withdraw but SURELY WE CAN DO IT IN SUCH A WAY THAT WE LEAVE THE NATIONS SECURE AND FIRMLY UNDER GOVT CONTROL:ponder:Peace:potleaf:

[​IMG]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090309/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iraq

US says 12,000 troops to leave Iraq by September

BAGHDAD – About 12,000 U.S. soldiers will leave Iraq by September, officials said, hours after a Baghdad suicide bomber killed about 30 people in a chilling reminder of the nation's still-shaky security.

The withdrawals, which will most likely come from Baghdad province, once main battlefields of the war, are the first step in keeping with President Barack Obama's pledge to end America's role in the war.

That would bring U.S. troop levels to more than 120,000 — still a substantial force. As part of the drawdown, the U.S. will turn over 74 facilities and areas under its control to the Iraqis by the end of March.

All 4,000 British soldiers remaining in Iraq are also scheduled to leave by September.

A U.S. spokesman, Maj. Gen. David Perkins, said Iraq's security has "greatly improved, moving from a very unstable to a stable position." He said violence was at its lowest level since the summer of 2003.

Sunday's attack was the worst in Baghdad in months, injuring about 60 people beyond the dozens killed. But in a news conference hours later, Perkins described it as a sign that U.S.-led coalition forces have militants on the run.

"We know that al-Qaida, although greatly reduced in capability and numbers, still is desperate to maintain relevance here in Iraq," Perkins said.

The suicide bomber detonated his explosives as he drove his motorcycle into a group of people, many of them police recruits, waiting near a side entrance of Baghdad's main police academy in a mainly Shiite area of the city.

The heavily fortified academy has been hit by several bombings. A Dec. 1 suicide bombing there killed at least 33 and wounded dozens, including four U.S. soldiers and an Iraqi general.

Iraqi and U.S. forces sealed off the scene Sunday, allowing only ambulances and fire engines to enter. Nervous Iraqi troops fired in the air to prevent onlookers and reporters from getting too close.

Haitham Fadhel said he was standing in one of three lines of recruits arriving for their first day of special guard training courses. He was knocked unconscious and wounded by shrapnel, but called himself lucky. Two friends were killed.

"We were feeling secure as we were waiting in a well-guarded area," said Fadhel, 24. "Before the explosion occurred I heard a loud shout saying, 'Stop, stop, where are you going?' Seconds later, a huge explosion shook the area."

He added, "I am just wondering how a big security breach can occur in such a secured area."

No group claimed responsibility for the blast, but suicide bombings are the signature attack of Sunni religious extremists, including al-Qaida.

Iraqi officials provided conflicting casualty tolls, as is common in the chaotic aftermath of bombings.

Three medical officials and one police officer in the area said 32 were killed, including 19 recruits, nine policemen and four traffic police, with about 60 others wounded.

An Interior Ministry official said the death toll was 28 and 57 were wounded. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to release the information.

Extremists increasingly have targeted Iraqi forces as they take over the country's security so American troops can go home. Last week, President Obama announced the end of all combat missions in Iraq by the end of August 2010, leaving up to 50,000 U.S. soldiers to train and assist ]raqi security forces All U.S. troops are to leave Iraq by the end of 2011.

Currently there are about 135,000 U.S. troops in Iraq, and their withdrawal will be gradual at first to leave most in place for parliamentary elections at the end of this year. The 12,000 troops, which make up two of 14 combat brigades in Iraq, will not be replaced.

Still, troop levels in Iraq are more than double what the Obama administration is sending to Afghanistan, where as many as 55,000 soldiers will be stationed by this summer.

In an interview Sunday, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki predicted the U.S. withdrawal would be "responsible" and said Iraqi military and police still need weapons "in order to protect the internal security situation in the first place."

"We, the Iraqigovernmentfeel that the Iraqi security forces are capable of filling any vacuum created by he withdrawal of the U.S. forces," Maliki told Iraqi government television. At the news conference, Iraqi government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh said Iraqi security forces should be able to secure the country by the end of 2011.

6. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...and for WHAT????

...A s a P...

...I understand where you are coming from.

The for what??? part...well, if I may expound...

For what?? would boil down to this...so that people like Dubya, Shrub...uh, dumbass for lack of a better name...could ride off into the sunset immune from prosecution for committing in a vicariously liable way, not to mention aiding and abetting the deaths of 100's of 1,000's of innocents and 4,000-plus American men and women. I might mention here he had help. In the coconspirator sort of way.

The bottom line without going off on a rant that would last past lunchtime no matter where you lived...is this...George Bush is a g__d___ murderer...and if some American attorney worth his weight in reputation would do the right thing and prosecute Bush for murder...we (as Americans) would be much better served...

...Or else the precedent will be set...and that means...well its simple,...there are two Americas in which we find ourselves in, one where there are no rules, and the other America where if you murder someone, you go to jail for a very long time...might even risk getting the death penalty...the most severe penalty man has withstood in his existence.

I am going to write Mr. Obama and let him know that if he goes as far as to pardon Bush's lying ass, or better yet if he doesn't "follow thru" with his promise to the American people to bring accountability to the people and to make the office of the presidency transparent...then he's fuckin' up...be best, don't you think if...he start'd his presidency off by calling for a commission or a federal DA to bring prosecution charges against GWB for murder, seeings how the evidence stands all the tests...he fuckin' misled this country into an illegal occupation of a country on false pretenses...and that is criminal beyond a shadow of a doubt...so where is the justice, Obama...all I am sayin'...is where's the justice?

...DC...:XXsunsmile::new_scatter:

7. Dazechain

...uh, this is complete bullsh*t...

would like to remind you that saddam did try to kill bushs daddy..i think thats a big deal...i mean if i had the power to off someone that tried to kill my dad...i would be signed up for that...saddam needed to go...thats all i have to say about that...now one more thing..

Fuck that, I'm sorry, at the time the Bush regime decided it was Iraq, not Afghanistan (& the pursuit of OBL -perp of 9/11, not Saddam, thank you!)...Saddam was not...I repeat, was not an imminent threat to the USA...that my friend is the facts...don't blow smoke...please...and GWB is a son of priviledge who was simply trying to one up his fuckin' criminal father in a smoking human family dramarama...fuck the elitist thugs, anyways. They are all despicable thru and true.

8. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

we are of different minds dazechain

it was saddam that tried to kill his dad..not sure why you hate the guy so bad...i guess you are on the left and you guys get all worked up about gwb....he was honorable compared to bill clinton...who by the way is why we had the 911 problem to begin with..if he would have taken care of biz...lots of peps would have lived...here and around the world..you seem to be more interested in the u s peps..but there are many around the world that are terrorized by the taliban...and the terrorists...

one thing that i always wonder about...why do people on the left spend more time talking about gwb then they do the people that are the real problem..you might not like what the pres did..but it was justified in the world...do i have to remind you of 17 resolutions...congressional approval...un approval.. and 60 countries participated...germany, france and a few others decided to stay out of iraq....why not spend more time talking about how to get rid of the terrorists...

and there was the part about nuclear weapons...most thought they had them...even the dems....most people back then did...lots of peps forget that ...the problem was not going in there and taking out sadam..the problem happened after....when the taliban and iran stuck their nose it things and made it worse...

gwb did some things wrong as welll...and may i tell you when we are at war..which we are there is precident for the pres to do away with some of the basic rights...like habeas corpis and i think they ought to torture everyone of those fuckers....they can cut off heads..why dont you complain about that...

and last but not least..i would bet every dime i had that you think bush did all of what he did on purpose...or that he is a dumbass or that he is evil,,,,well i chose not to believe that..i believe he was given some very tough circumstances to his presidency and like few before him he had to deal with a whole new world war...not the conventional type of war...mistakes are made....i wonder if you spend as much time thinking about the japanese that were intermed for 3 years in 1942...thousands of them...

i had to let go of my hate for what bill clinton did to the decency of the oval office...he is a liar and cheater...undeniable..he pleaded quilty to lieing...and admitted to the world he is a cheater... you can let some of your hate go towards gwb and move on...no president is going to be charged for anything...and thats that...

9. PutTheKnivesOn

PutTheKnivesOn Superspartaaaaa

I wonder what the world would be like if america had never tried to spread its influence throughout that area. No shah ,no iranian revoulution. No arming saddam, no gulf war. No arming the taliban, no 911. It just goes on and on.

The middle east is just a big pawn in the chess game between the U.S and Russia, still. Radioheads song "You do it to yourself, you do. You and noone else" reverberates in my skull.

Ok, i may be Naive living down here on my little island, far away from all that, but i wonder. Id like to see a complete pullout of the area by the U.S forces, create that vacuum that they are so worried about creating, and see how the chips fall later. Will never happen i know but for as long as things are done half assed nothings going to change.

Damned if you do, Damned if you dont.

Wheres Dr Manhattan when you need him :biggrin:

10. cheebamonkey

cheebamonkey Harvested Frosty Nugs

Well I dont agree with the war, BUT Like a Old head told me one time.

You either go over there and fight , Or they will come over here and pull this 9-11 terrorist shit, sneaking envelopes of Anthrax across the Border to poison innocent people in America. , I do have friends serving in Iraq. Its a tough fight.

I have friends that are wacked out from their 3rd tour.Who have seen the worst of the worst.

I have Friends who love it effects them mentally But they absolutely love fighting these Terrorist.

I have even had a friend bring me back some gold which is at a low in the middle east. Everyone is Different. But the War has Kept the US safer. Someone has to stay on top of these Afganis.

Besides Afgooey Nothing worth anything to me has come from Afganistan.

Or North Korea, Or Iran.

I agree with all of you :passit:

11. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

TA I'm not some douche that just gets his info the internet I have "boots on the ground" experience with Helmand. And almost all of the PAK/GAN border for that matter...Helmand is a fucking joke compared to the other provinces on the border...

12. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

PTKO....you nailed it bro!!

There is no right or wrong when it comes to this war now. If we pull out....?? Should we stay??? Either way we will pay a price and that is a fact. ;)

Way I see it about the US and this is just my opinion. We have always been the most powerful country of all. Yes we always have a hand in some country and their buisness whether it is to protect the innocent, hurt them, sometimes greed like umm LOL OIL or there to defend other's including our country from harms way. Most countries do not like that about us but yet when someone needs help, who comes immediately to the rescue whether it is due to war or some disaster?? So no we can not win or lose ....we always are judged and always will be. Now we are in the pickle financially and borrowing from other's but here is what I think...lol You can all disagree with me or agree, fact is how many times have we shelled out billions and billions to other countries?? Did we get it back? Umm not always and this war we will be lucky to get anything back from Iraq.

Did Bush screw up? Yes but 9/11 was the worse thing besides Pearl Harbor where we were attacked and we had to protect the US. Shame he lied about the weapons of mass destruction.....shame he and other Presidents lied about all kinds of things that some we will never know. Have we been attacked since?? Nope......will we be now? Well that is to be seen and yes I do worry with Obama in charge. Then the flip side is was 9/11 an inside job from our own government? Gawd I hope not and yeah some ppl think the citizens who believe that are crazy but here is what I think. Never put anything past this corrupt government...never! Always question every small or big detail they feed you and know almost 85 percent of it will be a lie. As for our troops over there fighting for your freedom and safety from being attacked, never question or doubt them. The men and women serving to protect the US soil have honor and deserve respect for all they do. Even if we do not agree with war, they die for you because they believe in and love our country to want you out of harms way. Reason I say this is my son inlaw plus other frds and family there all say when they hear another American put down this war it is a slap in the face to them. We do need to support them, not saying you have to love, respect or even like this government or the President. Just think we do need honor and respect them, they did not ask to be there but here they are fighting for our country because they are told just that.

As for Obama, well he passed stem cell research today>>>one thing that he and I agree on.

Other then that....:icon_scratch:

Peace~mermaid

PS....is it just me, or are you numb too when it comes to this country. I just do not see a light at the end of the tunnel. Remember what they wished upon us>>>they we rot from the inside/out. Hmmm makes you wonder is that wish coming true. All I know is I am getting my ducks in order and so should the rest of the American's. What decisions are being made are NOT in our best interest tho they never are. We need to become self sufficient and know what to do when shit really hits the fan. ;)

Peace~mermaid

13. Dazechain

...more bs...

But the War has Kept the US safer...

tell me more...

fuck that notion...made our military men and women "safer" too when

dumbass(GWB) said "Bring it on" to those terrorist-type in Iraq that would choose to try and blow up American forces...grab a clue...please...GWB and his administrations foreign policy was much more than flawed it was reckless, dangerous...and most of all self fucking serving...wake the fuck up...puh-leeze.

...it's the oil, dumbass...ain't that tough to figure out...and a little fuckin' human greed mixed in for flavor and high drama...fuck the elitist thugs that will mark my words...bring down capitalism in the great wild wild West...

...smoke 'em if ya' got 'em...dumbasses...learning curves are a bitch.

14. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Daze I get what your saying bro....trust me I do.

When I say it has kept us safer, I mean here on our soil as we have not been attacked since 9/11 and ONLY that reason. Now the other part of me wonders if the reason we have not been attacked is because OUR government was behind all that?? I honestly do not know for sure but there are some things that just do not jive so not a day goes by when I do not question did terrorists attack us???

Love your passion about our country and actually agree about the greed and corruption that our past President and government put our men and women over there in harms way.....I do not think anyone can dispute that. All I meant is we need to support them in the sense they did not bring this war on but they are there to protect our country. I feel for them and anyone injured and killed in war not to mention taken time away from being home with their family and loved ones.

Bush was corrupt and so were many many other presidents.....why I do not trust them and certainly do not trust Obama. Sorry for those who want to find the best in him too....they all are the same.

15. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

MK GUY..that part wasnt aimed at you amigo,only the yellow highlighted part.Peace man

MK GUY,sorry for the misunderstanding,it seems theres been a little 'lost in translation' here,sometimes symantics are lost on forums...The ONLY part of my post which i directly referred to you was the large yellow highlighted part that said or asked you respectfully to 'not assume i dont know shit about helman',i have no doubt you have 'boots on the ground experience' and more power to ya depending on your viewpoint i guess but just to clarify when i referred to ppl who sit and get their info via the internet i wasnt meaning you,i was agreeing with NCMAINAC on his comment about how ppl sometimes just blow smoke out there ass on these topics and only know what the mainstream media tell them,etc...I am respectful enough to never assume someone dont know shit,all i meant to you was,please dont say i dont know what im talking about as i do have a more than average (non military guy)guy knowledge of this situation....

However if you read my posts you'll see that i too agree that helmand is just ONE of many dangerous border regions in afghanistan,for instance in the south not long ago they had a mass prison break out and it took our boys days of combat to combat fighting to kill and quell the rebellion so we are agreed on that one,i only worry about helmand province cos they have many weapons caches there and more mortar atacks are laucnhed from there against UK troops than from anywhere else... AGAIN,i wasnt referring to you when i made that comment though i can see how you might have came to that conclusion.I just think afghanistan is gonna be a major pain in the ass for years to come and even worse if the allies aint there thats all.

Didnt mean to offend by accident.Im sure you know the areas in the south i refer to and im sure you know how hard it is to fight your enemy from lower ground in these cave complexes,etc.But no,i wasnt meaning you,just talkin in general about ppl who have no opinion except that of yahoo,'faux news' and CNN,etc ... Apologies if you took any offence mate.Al i ask is that you give me a lil credit for not being ignorant of world events,i dont claim to have the answers but i sure can see the worst case scenarios that can happen if we dont deal with this issue in the right manner.Peace:ebert:

16. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

For those who dont know ,heres a brief lowdown on the worst areas in the south,etc..

All this talk of helmand mae me actually ponder the question,just what province really is the most dangerous,i guess it depends on what nation your soldiers are from and where they are fighting,the majority of scottish soldiers i know who have been out there a few times all say HELMAND but it turns out it only ranks 3rd on the list but thats still a deadly region going by the death rates and casualties to BOTH contract civilians and army personal,not to mention the special forces like our S.A.S that we dont hear about,etc.Heres the lowdown.AS I STATED EARLIER,ITS THE SOUTHERN PROVINCES THAT ARE CAUSING OUR TROOPS THE MOST PROBLEMS LIKE KANDAHAR,etc.Peace:potleaf:

Maybe what i should have said is that HELMAND for a FACT is afghanistans "MOST HEAVILY INFESTED MILITANT REGION" but that would be me just quoting 'NBC':roll: rather than going from friends tales and 'PROPER' news outlets like from journalists embedded with the royal scots battalion who have lived and breathed with the troops for 2 years running now,i watched some of their footage of 24hours driving through HELMAND,pretty intense place,heres the link>
    http://www.truveo.com/Driving-in-Afghanistan-The-Most-Dangerous-Job-of/id/195258256 .Peace to all our country men out there fighting to keep the war THERE and NOT in our NATIONS:icon_salut: (Special shoutout to the Royal Scots Battalion and the fierce Gurkhas attached to the UK army from nepal going back many years:notworthy:)Peace:bongin:

17. Dazechain

hey...mermaid...no problems here with you...in fact, to be honest I really think it was another poster's comments here at this thread that incited my riot of words...of which, as you know I do not apologize for...but you and I, just for the record, we are good...so please don't misunderstand my intent in spewing my brand of rhetoric. Cheers!

18. Dazechain

TA or anyone here that cares enough to respond...

...Riddle me this...

Would it make sense that the reason that Pakistan leadership lost the reins of control in the off-the-grid land mass in their western provinces, specifically the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) to the Taliban and Al-Qaeda is because they have over the course of many decades overspent human and military resources in their country fighting the Indians for the tract of land called Kashmir?

Just curious to the pulse 'round here on that notion...

19. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Oh i totally agree on that post daze,as i do many of your posts and rants..

Ah Daze your preaching to the converted on the Kashmir region issue my friend:thumbsup: Yes if Pakistan and India werent involved in a war over that small strategic bit of land aswell as their hostilities in their nuclear arms race for sure made it a whole lot easier for the tribal areas to become lawless regions and that definetly spilled into an already mil;itant and islamist extremist regimes terrotory,i agree wholeheartedly... :ebert:

....the irony of the fact that the UK and the USA armed the taliban aswell as Osamas,back then caled,Muhjihadeen army fighting russia then maybe they wouldnt even have gotten this far,also i think that when two amrican embassies in africa were bombed with devastating efects aswell as the first failed attempt at destroying the wtc's in the clinton administration was the time to make a pre emptive strike cos they sure had the chance to do it and decided not to,oh how i wish bill clinton could go back and use hindsight to change his foresight on that decision NOT to kill osama when they had a clear chance:eusa_doh:

I watched a history or discovery documentary on all this and it revealed that US army chiefs after the kenyan embassy bomobing advised Clinton that the war would soon come to america if osama wasnt stopped so clinton had round the clock satellite GPS aimed on osama and his training camps,the call came in they had a clear shot that would have taken out the WHOLE of what was to become Al-Quieda and Clinton refused to go through with it cos outside one of the tents there were one maybe two kids playing and he didnt want the media headlines round the world calling amrica child killers....yet how many american kids are now without parents fter 9/11:angry7:...all this could have been averted if they had just dropped the cluster,the jets were primed and in the air ready to srike when the latest satellite imagery came in showing two kids outside the tent... now i aint down for killing kids no mattter what race or religion....but if thats the way we gonna fight them then thats like fighting a boxer except you got one hand tied behind your back cos they will mak sure they have kids living at every training camp if they think thats what stops the west from destroying them,i couldnt believe that shit when i watched it i really couldnt,and just to top it off that was the last clear chance the CIA had of a clear cut strike in the desert against Osama,hes now undergroun of course,in both senses of the wors.

Daze,i live and learn daily and i agree with most of your political rants even ones for or against my beliefs,lol,the kasmir issue you stated is entirely true and now as pakistan hits recession and needs an IMF bail out the country could end up being a haven for rich terorists and talibanists who see pakistan as a much bigger prize than regaining afghanistan although if they ever got control of any more of pakistan than they already do then its fair to say they will easily recaptur afganistan...and that means they got nukes:eek: This regionm to me is every bit if not more perilous than the middle east right now with regards to the sheer potential of pakistan unravelling in front of our eyes nd extremists taking over,then when the taliban or retake afghansitan after the withdrawals you'll see pakistan and afghanistan able to manipulate gas/oil prices by attacking smaller northern neighbours with pipelines and oil fields running through them asell as the fact the taliban HATE Iran and the worst parts of the taliban are practically living on Irans borders.I know i always say it but the shits really gonna hit the fan in that region if we just up camp and leave:eek:..

I accept fully we cant be the world police and sadly team america is just a cool movie and not a real force for good so whats the alternatives,i dont have the answers dze,just opiions tht i form daily or ones iv ha for years but im ALWAYS willing to listen and leanr from my peers on matters like this and others we discuss,thats why i love politics so much cos i DONT know it all ,i wanna so i come nd read diverse posts and LEARN from other ppls perspectives.But back on topic daze your correct regarding Kasmir and i enjoyed your rants BTW:icon_wink:.Peace:smokin:

20. WiZaRD

WiZaRD Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

If only Ron Paul would have run Libertarian... *sigh*

*WiZaRD- Loves the Ron Paul