Bunk and Skunk

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by Savvy Simon, May 2, 2011.

1. Savvy Simon

Savvy Simon Established Healthy Roots

Hi again... First grow ever just harvested last night. Whew!! Was that ever an interesting evening. I'm left with three piles (well four if you count the cola pile). Then there is the obvious pile, the largest pile by far... of branches with only the largest fan leaves removed. These leaves were just added to the pile of already browned and crispy pile of leaves that had yellowed and fallen off the live plants. Then there is another pile of medium sized leaves that I trimmed off while harvesting. Oh yeah, I've researched drying techniques and decided to go with the brown bag with lots of aeration and careful attention to humidity method, but I've also left a couple exactly as they were but hanging upside down in a cool dark space, as a test to determine which way works best for me. Oh, and I've also left one alive as another test, and will continue to flush for another week perhaps. I'll be careful to monitor the trichomes color, and let only a third or so turn amber. It just changes the type of high you get, right? Hey, how come a marijuana growing site thinks the word 'trichomes' is a spelling mistake???

Is the prevailing opinion to just compost the pile of brown and recently trimmed large fan leaves? Maybe there people out there doing creative things with these trimmings... medicinally or otherwise? Seems like it'd be a lot of work to extract THC or any cannabinoids from this stuff. Hey how come a marijuana growing site thinks the word 'cannabinoids' is a spelling mistake???

It was a special moment last night as I smoked the first bit of weed I ever grew, in the form of the hash on my fingers. Crikey that shit is sticky sticky sticky!!! One little (well, medium sized) hot knife toke that seared the back of my throat... and then the back of my brain. I got a vaporizer a couple of months ago for a reason though. I tried a little nerd in the Vap this morning but it didn't work. Maybe you experienced Vap and Hash people know how to make that work?

It's all one step at a time, which means researching and learning each step as it happens. It's been a lot of fun... but now, it's A LOT OF FUN!!!

Blue Skies and Green Gardens...

Simon,

2. Savvy Simon

Savvy Simon Established Healthy Roots

I was thinking 'Bunk and Skunk', but wrote 'Bunk and Spunk'. Sheeet-buckets!!!

3. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Corrected. :smoke2: