Made a spreadsheet to assist me with mixing nutes (Useless Sched,) thought I'd share.

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by spinkler, Feb 24, 2010.

1. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

So I decided to do up a nice colour coded spreadsheet to help me when I mix my nutes and although it's simple I thought I may as well share it... I might even make it more complex as time goes on if I can be bothered... :anibong::flyy:... Woops, where was I... :roffl:

The spreadsheet relevant to people using hempy buckets.

The attachment system won't allow me to upload an Excel spreadsheet so I have compressed the file in the .zip format. Feel free to let me know if I've gotten anything wrong. :thumbs-up:

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU READ THE ORIGINAL POST BY USELESS BEFORE USING THIS SPREADSHEET.

edit: File updated with weekly flushing schedule.

edit #2: Added an updated version, now tracks dates. Unfortunately the Microsoft Date/Time Picker is a little buggy, otherwise I'd have a nice calendar GUI to pick the date from. For now you have to type it in.

All the dates should be in your LOCAL format (mm/dd/yyyy for Americans, dd/mm/yyyy for Europeans and Australians.) Please let me know if this is not the case.

File is in Excel 2007 format.
    View attachment Useless Formula Spreadsheet (Excel 2007).zip

2. Potsitiveminds

Potsitiveminds Developed Alternating Nodes

wow thank you so much!!!!... i downloaded the spread sheet today and im going to start using it asap. i never flushed my plants or anything. now the number r those the amount of teaspoons you put in?:potleaf-3:

3. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Nice, but it's incorrect.

Flush should be done every week, overnight. Not every 2 weeks or whatever you have listed.

Cheers

4. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Oh whoops, my apologies :eek:

I'll get this fixed up in the morning and reupload it. The last thing I want to do is post false info.

Until speaking to Teamster6 and hearing from yourself today I thought hempy only needed a fortnightly flush. On the bright side, thisshould liven up my plants a little, lol.

Thanks for your correction, Useless, and thanks for my future harvest, too. :notworthy:

5. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Wow, seems I was a little stoned when I wrote it up and didn't specify the measurements. :roffl:

I've updated the spreadsheet with the relevant info, but those numbers are how many millilitres per gallon you should mix. Redownload the sheet, IMO, it has a weekly flushing schedule on it now instead of a fortnightly one. :thumbs-up:

TennStoner likes this.
  6. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

7. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Updated

Now gives you a daily schedule and a weekly schedule determined from a "Start Date" which is input by the user.

Also asks the user whether or not they are using Bloom Booster and adjusts the figures accordingly.

Check boxes for weekly schedule are now operational.

Boa likes this.
  8. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

holy shit bro didnt know that was possible! Shit im so retarded when it comes to using a computer. I mean i can do alot but shit like that working with programs isnt really up my ally. That date shit is kick ass as i have 4 different cycles(doin the sea of green method) and my buddy usually fucks up watering somehow everytime. Hopefully somethin like this will help him. Now how would i set this up for a DWC setup instead of hempy?

9. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Heya Boa, glad you like it. :)

I was just sick of running back to my PC to check the figures all the time and thought I'd do something I could print out... And it led to this. :roffl:

I haven't had any experience with much other than hempy, but the main reason it's hempy specific is because of the flushing method. If you want to PM me your feeding schedule (I presume you're using Useless' formula?) Tell me how you do your ressy changeovers and stuff like that and I'll do what I can in my spare time to whip one up for you.

10. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Accually im using FoxFarm nutes atm. But i will be switchin over to DWC's with Useless's GH 3 part formula. I just asked my girl and she said she can do it too. But thanks man totally.

11. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

DWC is even easier, fill it up and leave it alone for a few days in VEGG, in flower you gotta peep em daily, unless you have a big ressy and recirculating

12. RkyMtnWayHigh69

My home built computer doesn't have Excel, so I'm unable to even see how your hacking Useless's feeding schedule to pieces . . . :roll: J/K

I'd love to check it out and see if it's something I could/would use . . .

Is there some sort of program I can DL to view that sort of file? Or do I have to go give Bill Gates another $200, to get Ecexl?!?!

thanks for any help you can give me;)

13. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

lol Rky, I was worried about compatibility. I'll see what I can do to convert it. I wanted to save it in an older format but it started to complain. It's time for bed over here at the moment, but when I wake up I'll have a play again. In the meantime I highly recommend OpenOffice from http://www.openoffice.org/. It's a complete, free, open-source office suite and is compatible with most of Microsoft's older formats. If that's too large, or otherwise unsuitable, you can google for some free Excel viewers.There are other methods to obtain Microsoft Office, depending on your stance and knowledge on such things. If you're adventurous I'd suggest, if you don't already know about them, learning about torrents. A great torrent program to get you started is utorrent, but you'd need to do some research to learn exactly how to use it.The OpenOffice solution is probably the most straightforward and practical way to go about it, and yeah, I'll work on a backwards compatible version tomorrow. :) edit: I converted the sheet I've made. See if you can get OpenOffice or an Excel viewer and check it out. No guarantee that my spreadsheet will work with them but it's simple enough that it should, I'd like to know if it doesn't, though. Good luck! :thumbs-up:

View attachment Useless Formula Spreadsheet (Excel 2003).zip

Useless Formula Spreadsheet (Excel 2003).zip

14. RkyMtnWayHigh69

Thanks for the info, Sprinkler!:bigok:

I'll see what I can come up with. :)

I appreciate all the help. :) :ebert:

15. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

No probs, check the edit, there's a spreadsheet I saved in an older format that should be compatible with OpenOffice and all that. :)

16. RkyMtnWayHigh69

Thanks for the links, I'm DLing right now.

I hate it when I can't view things made with certain programs.

I'm not creating the fucking document, the program should let EVERYONE view it and require the person creating the program to purchase it.

Anyway, it's bothered me for along time.:roll: If you couldn't tell. ;)

I'll let ya know how it turns out. ;)

Thanks again! :) :ebert:

17. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

lots of safe files to d/l

try here for several different safe s/w to d/l

www.filehippo.com

18. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

nice job Spink!!! :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

Thanks for the spreadsheet man!

Peace

-LM

19. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

i am confused

which spreadsheet is correct???

20. RkyMtnWayHigh69

I couldn't get either to print out. I can view it but it won't print.

Was it intended to be printed? Or just viewed and saved on the pc?

Clicking the "Bloom Booster" button seems to do nothing. It seems it would be added that to the week 5 of the flowering schedule?!?!

Am I able to enter my own "Start date"? And then that would adjust the dates on the spreadsheet?

I'm very ignorant about this sort of shit, so please bear with me. :)

Thanks for taking the time to incorporate this feeding schedule into a spreadsheet format, I think it'll be a great tool once all the kinks are worked out. :)

Great job Sprinkler:):ebert:

P.S. Ncmaineac - I'm looking at the one in sprinklers 2nd to the last post.:idea: Does that help?:biggrin::ebert: