Fox Farm Ocean Forest

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by Phantasmagoria, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria Phantasmagoria

Who's out there using FFOF potting soil? I hear it is too hot. What additives are needed to cool it down? What about perlite? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Its not to hot. Add some per-lite to help drainage, but its not necessary.

3. Budweiser 3

Budweiser 3 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

its good stuff

do not feed seedlings fer first 4 wks.. then it would be too hot,theres enough noots ta support seeds n clones up too 4 wks with out food....should say soo on the bag:wink: :wink: foxfarms is the best hands down fer soil growing:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: bud3..ohh yeah i mixd mine 60/40 soil perrilite

4. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

i used it when i grew....used perlite and lime with it....sometimes other shit for flowering but that depended...

i have a vinyl record called phantasmagoria....its pretty trippy, whered you come up with you name.

5. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

FFOF is the be.best. I do about the same thing as Bud3. Perlite helps hold moisture, keep the soil from compacting too easily allowing air to the roots and also makes a great filler for your soil to stretch it farther.

:passit:

:animbong:

PEACE!

6. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

I'm a lil biased but it's all i use. 50-50 perlite to soil i use the foxfarm perlite aswell it's nice and chunky and comes in a big ass bag that lasts a good while. Usually 3-4 bags of Oceanforest to 1 bag of their perlite...DSP

7. Phantasmagoria

Ffof

Do you use dolomite lime? If so, how much per 1.5 cf bag?

8. Phantasmagoria

Ffof

9. Budweiser 3

soil

2.5 gal pots i put 1in" plite 1"soil and so on till to the top...that way as you water it gradually mixes down threw the pot..airysoil is great soil:wink: B3

10. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

My .02

Lot's of ppl love it.

I didn't.

I have better results with Root's Organics Soil - It's all I use.

I'm sure you can make it work and have great results...Don't Forget the Lime. Yes Dolomitic. 2-3TBS per gal.

Perlite is great for all of the above reasons. FF big and chunky is expensive but great.

I do want to make sure to mention because of my mistake, that while FFOF and Big Bloom are Organic, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Open Seasame, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching are NOT organic.

PPL have been reporting great results with mixing, Light Warrior with Ocean Forrest. Might want to research that.

And BTW, WTF is up with the old timers showing up? Glad to see you guys!

Grat

11. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

:biggrin: :new_popcornsmiley:

:passit:

:animbong:

PEACE!

12. phatkojak

phatkojak Developed Alternating Nodes

Establish a base

Not too hot, but you can tell with some strains that they notice it. Just remember that you shouldn't need to start feeding nutes when using FFOF until you get into your flower stage. Depends on a lot of variables, but you have to start somewhere. You can follow someone's advise to the T and you may think you are getting shitty results where in reality, you nailed it, or vise versa. Establish a base and work your way up. You'll learn the best lines and when you nail it - you'll know.

And that my friend is the real nirvana we all seek. :fly:

~Kojak

13. phatkojak

phatkojak Developed Alternating Nodes

And as choker said - lighten it up with some perlite. I go 3 FFOF x 1 Perlite. Added dolomite for your pot size. And I hate to say it - I'm making a test run with a mix of 50/50 FFOF and Roots Organics. Kinda like the Roots stuff.

~Kojak

14. Budweiser 3

youl be glad u went ta 50/50....:smile: ..but remember you gotta water more often specialy if its 82 ta 86 in yer grow box:wink: bud3

15. Budweiser 3

remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats why u should not grow more than one strain at a time:wink: ..unless u have strains with nearly identical NPK values:wink: :thumbsup: ....i leardn:thumbsup: that the hard way newbie back in 99' i grew 5 different strains 2 maid it......the other three got wayyyyyyyyyyy too much food furt burnt and died!:shocked: B3

16. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

are you using r/o water??? if so youll wanna make sure you def add the lime...also would recommend pickin up some epsom salts or cal-mag to go along with the r/o.....if your using tap you wont have to be so heavy with the lime....depending on the ppm..good luck

17. Budweiser 3

ko jaks right

you can take a 1000 peoples advise:wink: ...just read yer plants theyll tell u what they want:wink: ...and YES do ad dolomite lime its a MUST!B3

18. CharlesGibson

CharlesGibson Custom User Title

I've used ocean Forrest for over a year now. This stuff is loaded with goodness to make your vegging plants explode.

Its the perfect noob soil...

This soil will help your plants get HUGE without ANY veg nutes added.

Veg for 4 weeks, flush, transition, then bloom. (flush to get nutes that come in the soil,OUT)

If I had to come up with a slogan for this soil id say

"Need big results with little maintenance? OCEAN FORREST!"

19. CharlesGibson

CharlesGibson Custom User Title

Yeah, listening to your plants is the best advice anyone can give, but not everyone has the ability to hear what its saying. When I first started, I could have sworn my plants were saying "water me more and ill grow faster" lmfao. Now they say "check the airpump tubes and unclogg the water pump filter"

20. Budweiser 3

well said PK

yea i fergot newbs dont know what the signs are ore how too correct the problem:smile: ,....thats why WE here"GK"..ta guide them through it:thumbsup: Budweiser 3