French Press!!!

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by GeoKitty, Jul 30, 2009.

1. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Coffee!! I really seriously very, very much want some French Press Coffee with warmed half & half & Demara Sugar!!
    Like RIGHT NOW!!

There's no kitchen or stovetop, or a microwave down here in the basement to do any cooking......not that I really would want to cook down here in The Spider Dungeon!! I have a shower & toilet and a kitchen sink....just no kitchen!! So, I have no Earthly idea how I would actually prepare said coffee.....I'd need a tea kettle for water....some way to make a fire under it......I have an ice chest down here to put some ice & Pepsi in, so I could keep some 1/2 & 1/2 in there!

Of course I'd still need to purchase a French Press pot and some nice Organically Grown freshly ground coffee beans....oh! a coffee grinder too!!

WOW!! I'd need a LOT just to make a simple pot of coffee!!!!

Guess it's a ride on the bike down to the coffee stand!! BUMMER!!!

2. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Could use a fucking Red Eye my self right now....

If you got to buy everything anyway, check the camping section. Lots of good gas mini-stoves out there to make little pots of anything. Easy to do inside or out (though I would do it outside).

Enjoy whatever coffee you find!

3. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

French press----hell ya with some good tanzanian

then I 24 oz red eys

4. michaeldank

michaeldank Begun Flowering

I am an avid coffee drinker, but I drink my coffee cold, old, and black. I was able to try a french press when I visited B.C and it was awesome. The tangible pleasure you get from slowly pushing down the plunger beats watching and waiting to for the coffee pot to brew anyday. Happy coffee hunting.

5. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

What a disappointment!!!

I got NO coffee this morning! Bummer!

All I got was a Pepsi & a cup of ice at the nearby gas station/mini mart!!

6. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Yummmm sis, those do rule. Personally do not own one but my aunt makes her coffee with one and it was omg .....::::drool::::::

Check Craigslist......you would be surprised at what ppl have on there for FREE. ;)

7. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Make a run to a camping store and get a snall sterno stove...or if you have electricity, a plug-in electric two-burner coil. Coffee is just a few bucks away. If you can afford an electric skillet, you can not only boil water in it, but cook all kinds of stuff! Or a microwave.....

Dixie

8. the_red_bull

the_red_bull Guest

The Goodwill up here has a few french presses in stock for something like 5 or 6 dollars. They look a little cheapie and they're made of plastic but I bet it would work a few times. BTW where do I get one of those metal coffee filters I see in the videos?

9. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Which ones? The gold cone shaped ones? Target, wallyworld, kmart, those are fairly common nowadays.

There's a coffe video???

10. the_red_bull

the_red_bull Guest

Nah, the chamber where you get the finished coffee is clear and it looks like plastic. The top with the Plunger is white and made of plastic. Like I said I'm not sure how well they would work or how long they would last.

11. the_red_bull

the_red_bull Guest

No the videos of people making hash. I want one of those filter things so I can do it, it's been years since I've had hash and as I recal it's pretty good.

BTW Geo I added you on Myspace.

12. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

I dug out my mom's old Rival electric skillet, that old thing still rocks!! I've McGuyvered a 'double boiler' using a metal mixing bowl, fill up the skillet w/water...voila!! Hot tea or coffee water!! I've also been boiling water for pasta.....drain it & make the sauce!! One dish meals I can do!! Been making some tasty pasta sauces with fresh tomatoes & basil, handmade cheese & sausages from the local farmer's market! Yummy!

Still need to find a press pot for coffee though!!

And shoes!! I need to shop for work shoes, chef clogs, comfy Berkie's or Crocs! My feet are killing me, standing the entire 8+ hours!!

13. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

damn wrong french press....................was hoping for a french maid sandwich. LOL

14. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

French Press is the ONLY way to make coffee IMO. :ebert:

I learned of them in Seattle of all places....imagine that! :idea:

15. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Pay day today!! Coffee makin' supplies are on my list of 'splurges'!!

A press pot is coming out of my food budget! I'll eat at work for free & rather have a lovely pot of coffee in the morning in exchange for a couple of dinners at home!

16. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Good coffee before food. Like yer priorities Geo:wink: