Probably a stupid question

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Your Own Mind, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Your Own Mind

Your Own Mind Full Flowering

Im at the end of my current grow and to be honest the plant looks like its at its end. All the leaves have dropped off. The only ones left are sticking out of the bud and are yellowing badly. I know this is what is supposed to happen, but i read somewhere that someone left a plant to flower longer than its suggested flowering time and it kept growing.

I dont think i my plants could go any further than this weekend.

The question is, do all MJ plant die off like this? Do haze do this at the end of there 13 weeks? Or can some plants still look healthy at 8 weeks?

2. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Well first off let me get this straight you have a Haze and it's been flowering only 8 weeks and it is all yellow? If so either you didn't feed right or you don't have a true haze. Haze plants take ussually 12-16 weeks to flower, quit a few varieties around the 12 week mark or so. There are some sativa dom strains that can finish in 8 weeks or so but don't really have that haze characteristic. At 8 weeks flowering a good haze or haze cross should still look pretty health with just a little yellowing on the bottoms and here and there as you see on indicas once they get past the halfway point, But should still have a good deal of its fan leaves left.

So have you looked at the trichs to see, really the only way to judge. but either way sounds like you are going to have to chop her down to keep from the buds all yellowing out and drying up to nothing.

3. Your Own Mind

Your Own Mind Full Flowering

No, sorry. Did explaine it as it sounded in my head.

(im really fucked now, so this might not go well!)

Its a hybrid (chrystal) and ment to finish a 8 weeks.

I heard on someone flowering an 8 week plant longer. Say 12 weeks and they said it continued to swell. They said plants would keep going past there normal time.

Im just looking at my plant and thinking it hasnt got many leaves to keep going with.

But you've answered my question about sativas. They just last longer in flower.

4. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Well it could continue to swell but you might have a plant that may throw some bananas doing so. Or even more probable you will be degrading the potency by letting it go to long. Just look at the trichs if the trichs don't look ready just milk it as long as you can unless the yellow creeps up in the bud and you are forced to chop.