5 blades, 7 blades?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by hygrade, Nov 19, 2007.

1. hygrade

hygrade _________________________

my plants only have 5 blades on the leaves and i've noticed almost every pic i see of a plant has 7 blades on a leaf.besides strain,is there a reason for that?i've heard the one about one being male another female and my 5 bladed girls are definitely girls.could it possibly be a defiecency?other than that,everything else seems to be good,mildews gone(thanks again El C) and temp and ventilation are good.does it indicate a lesser strain?they came from excellent smoke and they stink a decent amount already.

2. ishmeil

ishmeil cannabis connoisseur

it has to do with the genetics of the plant forsure, but i dont think that its possible to decide potency by looking at the number of blades of the leaves. my plant currently has leaves with 5 blades, 7 blades and 11 blades.

your plant is most likely fine, if the leaves are green , and the plant is looking healty, you are fine.

3. hygrade

glad to hear it.i figured i was just worrying for no reason,just checking.thanks

4. weedwacker

weedwacker Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I really don't know squat, but my Skunk Haze was three at the first node, 5 leaves by the 4th node. It went to 7 then 9 and now the newest top nodes are 11 leaf (six weeks of vegging).

5. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Weedwhacker got it

Just wait till the next set or 2...lol

Didn't you notice that the first set of leaves was only a single and then a couple of sets of 3 fingered leaves came just before your 5 fingered leaves?:qbluewacko:

Have fun man...:roll:

P.S. I'm not mocking you, honest! I'm remembering my first grow!!!

6. hygrade

not at all bro,i'm just freaking out about nothing as usual.

7. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

As long as they work...all that matters!

Everything comes into play...age foremost, of course...genetics...Mine seem to get stuck on 8 for a couple of stems...Really weird, but they all do it, so I figure it's just something in the genes. 5-7-8-9-11-20...lol...they all serve the same purpose, so as long as they're healthy, they're healthy...lol! :)

8. krondikebar

krondikebar In A Cloud Of Kush Smoke

I had like a 3 week old plant grow 13blade sets...it was awesome..ill try to find a pic...

here we go

[​IMG]

9. hygrade

nice plant kron