two 600 watt one 1000watt??

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by dursky, Jan 8, 2007.

1. dursky

dursky Developed Alternating Nodes

Hey would i better off two buy two 600 or one 1000 watts???? I would love to hear what you all think... thanks

Dursky

2. Steve French

Steve French New Sprout

I know that the 600w HPS is the best in terms of lumens/watt, i.e. efficiency. Also, having two lamps allows you to spread the light a little more.

3. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I have a 1kw hps and i would love to beable to have two different lights! If u have the money i would def. get the 2 600w, but thats just my opinion! Good luck!

4. Bud Greenright

Bud Greenright In the garden, you?

Need more info on what your trying to accomplish and the space you wish to accomplish it in. I would agree that 2 lights give you more flexibility in area of coverage and availability. BUt if you are only growing a few plants than why not just use a 1000watter and floros in the veg stage.

5. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

If I had a 6 x 4 foot room two 600's sound like they would work better

I'd like two 600 HPS and one 400 MH right in the middle and I would make the room 8 X 4

I understand the best bud will be in the MH/HPS zone where the lights over lap.

I have a 1k HPS in a 4x4 and it serves this medical gardener just fine.

6. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

i have a 4'x 4' and still wish i had 2 instead of one! another thing u have to really think about is ventalation my friend! It took me three days and three fans to cool my 1kw hps!