Cats on flea meds.

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Randy High, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

Man I go to the vet and get a little plastic vial of liquid I am supposed to apply at the base of the skull.

So I do and my cat has one hell of a trip.

Behavior changes and some trippy interactions happen.

Sounds like a drug to me...

Anyone else experience this?

2. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

i would check with a vet before applying that kind again or any kind really. sounds like an allergic reaction and if someone called the vet's office i work at with that situation we would probly tell them the cat should be brought in.

how is he/she doing now?

3. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Oh! Poor Kitty!

Yeah...is the kitty okay now?!

Sounds like an allergic reaction to me too......it's those flea drops for the back of the neck?

Do you guys have fleas inside the house too? If you have carpet, you can use that 20 Mule Team Borax to get rid of them...it worked for us in Florida when we had fleas really badly! You just sprinkle it around the carpet, use a broom to swish it around and get it all down into the carpet fibers, wait a few hours then vaccumreally well.....GET RID OF THE BAG INSIDE the vaccum! Then repeat this for about a week or two until the fleas are all dead & gone.

Hope your kitty is okay now...poor little thing!

4. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

Which brand are you using Randy?

5. bubblegump

bubblegump Latae Sententiae Excommunication

My cat freaks out when i put his flea med on...its called frontline....he calms down after a couple hours and seems no worse for wear.....he just gives me the stinkeye for the next couple days and then hes over it....

6. Randy High

Kitty is fine hut it is the stinkeye treatment.

It's made by Bayer like the aspirin I think it's advantage brand.

Oh she is 12 and she really has a trip on it.

Went up in the top shelf cabinets and was doing the stoned out kitty for a few hours.

Today she is still like she partied last night but back to staying near me and eatting. Back to routine.

To it's benefit the stuff works well.. It keeps the long hair missing teeth cat out of scabs and spasms.

She has terrible spasms over fleas.. Has been known to fall 10 feet hit the floor and not care to stop biting herself.

I guess I need to tell the Vet.

7. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

My cats tend to go ape shit when I put Advantage on the back of their necks as well... I get the pissed off kitty treatment for a while, then they are back to normal in no time.

8. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

that god dam amal nitrate!

9. Randy High

Funny TOA..

I can't say it ain't something.

Kitty is doing fine.. A little tired from it all I can tell and wanting me to make up with some better food.. Normal stuff for us.

If it wasn't for the hell she goes through with fleas I'd not put it on her.

Thanks for the support.

Kitty love ya too...