QWISO question

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by HappyHappyHighGuy, Dec 27, 2006.

1. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Since curing increases THC by up to 30%, wouldn't that mean that you should fully cure your stuff before using it to make hash? I know you don't have to, but 30% is a lot to miss out on.

2. bubblegump

bubblegump Latae Sententiae Excommunication

HHG,,,curing your buds does not increase your thc by 30%....i doubt if curing your buds increases thc content by any%...

as for making qwiso you can use fresh or dry theres no need for a cure...ive only used dry and love the results i get when i make qwiso....

3. HappyHappyHighGuy

I got this info from the FAQ section:

"Curing allows the chlorophyll to break down, and also allows the non-psycho-active alkoloids to convert to psycho-active ones...Curing increases potency by up to 30%."

http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23815

4. bubblegump

bubblegump Latae Sententiae Excommunication

Yes ive seen it here and other places as well....i just dont buy it thats all...the potency of the weed is in the genes not the cure imo...

5. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

well, i don't buy that curing increases thc % at all either. Curing has an effect on a lot of things, but not the %. not sure where that info came from. looks like i need to do some research and revising. Most people would surely tell you that cured dope get;s you higher, but the thc % isn't higher.

now, as to qwsio and curing. I'd make sure that the bud is completely dry before i ran it. dry it as slow as posssible to allow the chlorophyl to completely breakdown. that will keep the hash smooth. the darker the hash turns out the more clorophyl was still present.

6. HappyHappyHighGuy

Hey Wawona, I was hoping you would chime in on this since it was your thread on alcohol extraction that I used.

I have plenty of plant matter so I decided to give it a go earlier tonight. The last time I smoked hash was 1992 I think. I've taken a couple hits of the new stuff and it expanded in my lungs like a mushroom cloud. After just two hits I am already at a nice relaxed, yet busy sativa high. And without the plant taste my uncured plants have been giving me. I'm gonna make another batch in a couple weeks with finely cured buds.

I have 2 Questions:

1) How much alcohol are you supposed to put in the 1qt jar? I used a whole bottle like you buy at any drug store, I would guess it's around 12oz. I'm thinking that was too much because the article said it would take 20 minutes for the alcohol to evaporate, but it took mine over an hour on boiling water/evaporation plate.

2) Where do you store the finished product and what is the best method to smoke it (bong, pipe, vaporizer, etc.)?

An update on my high...I am a chronic smoker, but this shit is very potent. I'd recommend everyone to try it. I'm high as Lucy in the Sky after taking just two hits half an hour ago. Gonna take a third right now.

P.S. - To all you Beatles fans, I got their new "remix" album Love for Christmas. It is not like any previous re-workings. It is very tastefully done and is more of mixing different sounds from different songs together. I don't think the most discriminating fan would be offended. How could it be bad, with Sir G.Martin and son at the mixing board?

7. HappyHappyHighGuy

4 or 5 hits later...

I smoked most of the hash I made tonight. Hopefully using cured buds next time will create more hash. I got no complaints about the high though.:new_smileyb:

8. wawona

i only put enough alcohol in there to cover the plant matter. the more alcohol the longer it will take to evap. evap time is also dependent on the % of water in the alcohol.

i have yet to find an easy storage method. i keep it in a small glass box with a removeable lid. i find it easiest to smoke spread on a blunt or joint. I have since graduated to BHO and i have not done that in quite some time. i still have some from a previous run for a lil boost from time to time.

yield ARE very low in comaprison to the amount of plant matter that is used, but it does increase a bit with experience.

i love the buzz............................

9. HappyHappyHighGuy

The jar was filled to the top with plant matter, so I figured the jar needed to be filled to the top with alcohol in order to cover all the plant matter, but as I was pouring the alcohol into the jar I noticed that it compacted the matter down as it saturated it. I'll try using less next time.

It was a bitch scraping the finished product off the evaporation plate. I may use my heat gun next time to soften it up while I scrape it.

I smoked all that I made last night in about 5 hits. I'm already craving more!

Am I correct in assuming that using buds instead of leaves produces a lot more hash?

10. HappyHappyHighGuy

Another question...

Do you get better results by grinding up the plant matter, like in a coffee grinder?

11. wawona

the better the product that you start with the better the end result.

i hate scaping it up.

Some people say that it's better to really grind the weed up and other's say just leave it in bud form. makes sense that more trichs would be exposed if it WAS "pulverized", but i cannot say that i have seen a notceable difference.