how long will the buds fatten up

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by royaldoe, Dec 20, 2006.

1. royaldoe

royaldoe nug lover

Do they fatten up all the way till you harvest or do they stop a week or two before there done. What's your experience?

2. DuffMan

DuffMan Horticultural Technician

In my experience they fatten up the most in the last 2-3 weels .

3. royaldoe

royaldoe nug lover

DuffMan, so you say that your nugz thickend up all the way till harvest. I hope that's the case, some of my colas have good form but are looking scragly. Take a look at them in the 36 days flowering thred on the grow kind gallery page.

4. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

patience patience patience

Your buds R lookin' fine, rd.......give them time, they will fatten up. :)

5. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

buds will gain size until harvested unless they are allowed to grow past there ripeness. your plants are looking great.

i can tell you that you cannot go by that 45 days of flower that is recommended with that strain. I have grown strains that supposedly were "done" at 45 days and I can say that they were NOWHERE near done at 45 days. Think of it this way, they only started showing they were female at around 14 days or so. there's only so much weight that can be packed on in the remainig 31 days.

have you looked at the trichomes?? if not, my advice would be to purchase a magnifier so you can tell what they trichomes look like before you harvest.

6. jerseydude

jerseydude Banned

Like wa says, a magnifier is best. You can get an inexpensive one at Radio Shack, that is 60X - 100X strength for about $10 or so.

7. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Agree With That!

Id agree with that one DufMan...Most definately...thats what happened to mine in the last 2 weeks, as iff anyone remembers before my HARVEST just there hanging still as i type, i POSTED a post..lol, saying "MY NUGGS ARE NOT HARDENING".HELP!", well this all resolved itself, when 1stly, i stopped watering as much as i was doing, and in the later stages(about 13 weeks as its SKUNK) the Buds did NOT harded up n crispen up untill then, n ONLY then, but everything is a great smoke...

The buds still LOOK airy , But smoke FANTASTIC, would anyone turn down WEED just because it looked a lil frizzy looking and airy????

Just as long as it SMOKES good eh?

Peace Out,

UrBigBuddie..........:punk: :punk: :punk:

8. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Definately HELP BIG time.......

Oh it helped me BIG time when i invested in a pocket magnifyer, as it anabled me to see the lightness or darkness of the trichs and the THC close up all over, and it helped me pick a more suitable stone by judging the trich colour with using this magnifying pocket stick.

There GREAT things to have, and i LOVE it now ive baught one, and know what exactly to watch out for with it and what to wait for, "for what im wanting in the high for instance"!!!

Darker trichs = more of a body/couch lock high/buzz/stone!!!

Peace Out,

UrBigBuddie.........:punk: :punk: :punk:

9. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Hey royal,

Our gardens are exactly the same days flowering. I have about a possibilty of 9 different strains. I stared with 50 plants and now down to 16. Some of my buds look real thick and others look not filled out. I look at some and can't see them filling out for a while. 60 days of flowering seems like a long ass time. Your plants look more stretched out then mine. How much did they grow during the stretch. Mine grew only about 6 to 8 inches. Now I wait for the fatting and wait and wait. In the garden every 5 minutes to see if they grew. LOL

10. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Pocket microscope

The microscope is a necessity because there's no other way to know what stage the trichs are in. And for $10, there's no excuse to not have one.

11. royaldoe

royaldoe nug lover

mine stretched about 15 inches in the first 3 1/2 weeks.

12. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

The last two is GOOD to watch n see the difference!!!

In the last two weeks of fowering, you will notice that the BUD will thicken n harden UP real good!!!

Just be PATIENT for these lovely BUDS!

Peace Out,

UrBigBuddie...........:sign13: :) :punk:

13. canadian123

canadian123 hemp ninja

Guys the 45day flowering time on this plant is from a clone not seed says right on the web site "When flowered at 12" (with 36 hour dark period at onset)" so if its from seed I would say 65days. But get a scope to be 100% sure.