First Grow

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by jaypee89, Dec 6, 2006.

1. jaypee89

jaypee89 The Seventh Seal

Strain: dont know, just got them from a chronic bag :punk:
    Soil/Nutes: Black Gold All Organic Potting Soil with added Perlite. Alaska Fish Emulsion Fertilizer 5-1-1 with micronutes!
    Watering: Rain
    Light: Sun
    Container grow

These are my babies at 2 weeks. I just fed them with Alaska Fish Fert 5-1-1, 1 tbs/gal of water.....barely used half of the gallon on my four plants.

Plant #1 - Dont see anythign wrong with this one, just a minor spider mite problem =/
    [​IMG]
    Plant #2 - This one has some weird bug shit digging a tunnel inbetween the layers on my leaves....idk how to deal with that.
    [​IMG]
    Plant #3 - This one has some spidermites along with a weird bright orange burn on one of the leaves....cant be nute burn, b/c today was my first time feeding it.
    [​IMG]
    Plant #4 - This one has some spidermites AND those tunnel buggers.
    [​IMG]

So yeah, thats my 4 plant grow, 2 weeks into it. Im using a 50/50 ISO/Water solution that im spraying on my plants to try and control the pests, any other specific reccomendations?

2. Got_Kush?

Got_Kush? Veggy Stage

Just Use Neem Oil Not Iso/Water

3. jaypee89

where i live, its hard to find things for gardening, limited places. so yeah, all i got right now is the alcohol/water solution =/

4. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

hey jaypee.

ok, i have given this advice before. the last person didn't take it and a lot of time and marijuana was lost.

You have got to get rid of this spider mite problem ASAP, while the plants are still small. Once they get bigger it will be harder to get complete coverage of the plants. These lil bastards are a pain in the ass and reproduce at a very fast rate so it is necessary to "treat" for a several week period to make sure you kill the adults and the eggs that hatch a few days later.

i also suggest taking the room apart and cleaning everything in it. Twice.

people that have never had a spider mite problem think that's excessive. then they try to skimp around and short cut things. after a lost crop or 2 they tear it all down and clean it.

I have a tutorial on the whole process of getting rid of spider mites if you want it. I have been through this. I have tried all the methods for getting rid of them. There is no quick fix. however, it's much easier to do it at this early stage than it is with a room full of plants making it impossible to get them all.

5. jaypee89

well im actually growing outside heh.

my 50/50 ISO/Water solution seems to have controlled the spider mite problem. as for the tunnel digging bugs in my leaves....idk how to handle those.

i was wondering if i can just cut off the leaves that have those bugs on it. keep in mind im only about 2 and a half weeks into this grow and the plants are fairly young.

stupid bugs.