is it a bad idea

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by phantom, Aug 7, 2006.

1. phantom

phantom New Sprout

ive been reading alot on here and ive heard of mixing nuets to obtain the right nutriant values. like you take brand a mix it with brand b to get a certain ratio. now i know this is very advanced, but im trying to learn:) these are the nuets i have green light 20-20-20 for veg, gh micronuets, green light 12-55-6 big bloom, fox farm big bloom 0.01-0.3-0.7 (from last year) and just went and bought botanicare pure blend pro bloom 1.5-4-5. here is my 2 question. could i take the botanicare pure blend mix it with the fox farm big bloom to achive 1.51-4.3-5.7 and get better results? ok now put that aside, out of these nuets what would you recomend me using? i was just using the green light 12-55-6 plants looked ok except some yellowing leaves. but a few people said it was to much nitrogen and not enough potassim. any help would be great

2. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

first of all if you are in flowering i would use the pure blend pro and the fox farm grow big together. grow big will not burn your plants at all, it's a very weak NPK-it's mostly used for micronutrients., so you can put 3-4 teaspoons with the pure blend pro. another thing to remember is don't switch to flowering ferts completely until almost the 3rd week of flowering otherwise your plants will suffer nitrogen deficiency. i dont know anything about green light products so i can't help you out much there. i would just stick with the pure blend and big bloom for flowering atleast. hope i helped. peace. nugz

3. phantom

phantom New Sprout

yes you did help, i was thinking the same thing. the green light i bought at pikes nurseries. i have 5 plants that just entered the 2nd week in flower. i did not know not to switch the foods this fast. that explains my yellowing of leaves. so should i give them some 20-20-20 at half strength plus bloom foods as well should this balance them out? i also have 5 others in pre flower the are still on 20-20-20 but i will start giving them bloom foods with veg foods for the next 2-3 weeks. thanks for all your help let me know what you think:D peace out and stay safe

4. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

honestly 20-20-20 is not a good fert, which i'm sure you have heard from many people on this site. you should invest in some grow big from fox farms for the veg cycle on your next grow. if your plants are 2 weeks flowering and you have been giving them 20-20-20. i don't see why one more dose at 1/2 strength would hurt. but for now on i would stay away from those kinda nutes. get some grow big for veg and tiger bloom for flowering and then mix the big bloom (for micronutrients) in with these mixes, as big bloom can be used throughout your entire grow. there are also nutrients like "sweet" by botanicare that smooth your plants transition phase from veg to flower and can be also used for the entire grow. do a little research. there are tons of great nutrients out there. just a matter of how much u wanna spend. peace. nugz

5. phantom

phantom New Sprout

thanks nugz!! this is only my 2nd grow, but its going 10x better than last year:D i started this grow with the 20-20-20 so i guess ill finish it that way to. next year im going to buy everything in advance not like this year or last. what can i say. im new at this. you can read and read but nothing beats first hand experiance!! hopefully by christmas i will be indoors anyway. thanks for all your help. stay safe peace:D

6. phantom

phantom New Sprout

one more thing i have the cannabis grow bible and it recomends a 10-10-10 or 20-20-20 veg feed, is 20-20-20 not good?

7. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

i have only heard bad things about NPK ratios that are the same. atleast for marijuana. they require a much different nutrient balance. i'm by no means an expert but that is what i've heard on these forums. hope this helped. nugz

8. phantom

phantom New Sprout

thanks nugz talk at ya later;)