The 20th of April

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by SteelCity Smoker, Apr 20, 2009.

1. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

Well i was suprised when i came on here this morning and there was no 420 thread going. So here it is Happy 420 from your old pal steelcity. May your day and lungs be filled with the sweetest green and your tummy full of the bestest munchies around! Enjoy DSP

2. bLITzkRIEg420

bLITzkRIEg420 sHAPesHIFTinG rEPTiLiAN

Wake and baked and ready for one of my favorite days of the year! Got my best bud from my last grow set aside. Dried, cured, looking AMAZING and ready to go! Happy 420 GK!!!!!!!

:guitar3:

3. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

"According to Steven Hager, editor of High Times, the term 420 originated at San Rafael High School, in 1971, among a group of about a dozen pot-smoking wiseacres who called themselves the Waldos. The term 420 was shorthand for the time of day the group would meet, at the campus statue of Louis Pasteur, to smoke pot. ``Waldo Steve,' a member of the group who now owns a business in San Francisco, says the Waldos would salute each other in the school hallway and say ``420 Louis!' The term was one of many invented by the group, but it was the one that caught on. ``It was just a joke, but it came to mean all kinds of things, like `Do you have any?' or `Do I look stoned?' ' he said. ``Parents and teachers wouldn't know what we were talking about.' The term took root, and flourished, and spread beyond San Rafael with the assistance of the Grateful Dead and their dedicated cohort of pot-smoking fans. The Waldos decided to assert their claim to the history of the term after decades of watching it spread, mutate and be appropriated by commercial interests. The Waldos contacted Hager, and presented him with evidence of 420's history, primarily a collection of postmarked letters from the early '70s with lots of mention of 420. They also started a Web site, waldo420.com. ``We have proof, we were the first,' Waldo Steve said. ``I mean, it's not like we wrote a book or invented anything. We just came up with a phrase. But it's kind of an honor that this emanated from San Rafael.''

-hmmm, I always just thought it was police code for possession.

4. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Humm-Bug if I can't smoke nobody should it's illegal any way. So put down your bongs & joints & join me in a smoke free 4:20.

HeHeHe

5. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

4/20 checkin in.:animbong:

7:00 am high as fuck, and will be all day. :jj:

Most users ever online was 183, 04-20-2008 at 04:48 PM.

Let's see if we can beat it this year. :eek:hyeah:

6. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

HAPPY 420 GROWKIND :animbong:

The Clocktower right outside my place has been stuck on 4:20 for the past two days....pretty cool, cause all day I can look out my window and see 4:20 in a 20 x 20 foot format. A little sad that I can't share this with my Swiss peeps, cause here no one knows or cares about our little holiday :bongin: So if ya don't mind, I'll celebrate today with the Late and Great Growkind Growers. Happy Holidays everyone, and may your lungs be filled with nothing but the best of homegrown green...cheers

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Just started prepping for tonights 420 event. Had to burn the first joint to see If I was rolling-em right:smokin:

[​IMG]

cheers all!

8. canadian123

canadian123 hemp ninja

Happy 420!!! spending the day working on updating my grow rooms wont be smoking till later.

9. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Hey RR you want to hear something freaky that picture looks like me no shit.

10. ResinRubber

You mean kind of like Pig-pen on Charlie Brown except instead of a dirt cloud it's a fragrant blue cloud?

11. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

not the cloud you look like my twin

12. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

Damn yinz are old an@. Headcase i knew you had grandkids but dddaammnn. old bastards. Sorry that is my oldhead bash of the year yinz are safe till next year. oh and why doesn't maryland have a hockey team we can beat on aswell? :passit: later gator DSP

13. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

14. AverageJoe

Fire it up ... It's 4:20 west coast :jj: :passit: :bong2: :bongin: :animbong: :fly:

[​IMG]

Happy 420 :GK:

we have our own holiday...teehee :laughing1:

15. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I was here at 4:20 and posted in Haze's thread. :animbong: Over in the SMOKER'S LOUNGE <----hint hint...nudge nudge :smokin:

Why was this posted in Beginners? :icon_scratch:

Maybe THAT'S why ya missed the other thread Steel. :rofl:

Stoner.... [​IMG]

16. AverageJoe

Just letting the 385 guests at the moment :eek: have a little glimpse of what they're missing in the Smokers Lounge (that's the forum you can't see:laughing1: )

hint hint nudge nudge :smokin:

Hi all you "Guests" :wave: Happy 420:eek:ccasion18::fly:

:passit: :passit: :passit: :passit:

I'm goin back inside now :wave: :new_all_coholic:

17. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

That's too funny! I thought that WAS you! They do say that everyone has a double.

That's not saying much fir RR!! :rofl:

18. Tex-Elektric-Bud

Tex-Elektric-Bud Journey man sparky

i got off work only to my friends waiting at my house for me to arrive, were currently rolling a 6 paper, gonna get high as michael jacksons hopes for sleepovers, good job on the post carpenter, never knew that shit, pretty cool.... good day all............happy highs

19. ResinRubber

Getting ready to head to a NORML 420 event. Here's a shot of the door prizes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just wanted to pass one more round before rollin on.

No, I'm not flippin ya'll off. It's the way I hold a joint, ok?

That resemblance thing??? I was feeling kinda sorry for HeadCase.

cheers GKers, thanks and be safe tonight.