temps and light timing

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by blah blah boy, Mar 14, 2009.

1. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I just wanted to know the temp for my inside grow. What is the temp suppose to be?
    I checked my temps running my veg lights 16-23watt cfl's and it was 80F.

When do people run there lights in both veg side and flowering side?

If I want to check my plants in the am (about 8am) should I have it so the flowering cycle stops at 8 than feed and check than put to bed?
    Or should I check and water during the 11th hr and close back up and continue for another hr?
    Little confused.

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Ur Veg temp is good, whats the hum?

My daytime for my Veg starts at 12:30pm and is on 18/6 on/off schedule, so off at 6:30am

Flower timing should be done mostly at night, one reason because temps outside are warmer, which WILL make your temps runs a bit higher. Plus most people are asleep, not awake to smell your funk, even if u got a scrubber, better safe than anything right?

I have my daytime start at 6:15pm and end at 6:15am in my flower room

Now for the watering times, I dunno really, some people say it matters, some dont, I dont think it matters to be honest.......water them when they need it, dry or cracked soil surface is a easy way to tell......drooping leaves obviously........Keep a notebook and records of when you water and then you'll get a good idea of what they need, your eyes are better than most tools.......Good luck

3. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

80 is Ok, but I would keep a close eye on the temps, and try not to let them raise too much above this mark. I like to keep my garden at 74-76 degrees..

GFam

4. Joe King Park

Joe King Park Auto-Pilot Grower

CFL's As Low As 15 Watts Can Cause Kidney Damage And Insomnia

Breaking A CFL Bulb Of Such A Low Size Requires Exactly The Same Clean Up Procedures As Safely Removing Asbestos:shocked::shocked::shocked:

CFL's Are The New PCB's Of The 21st Century:roulette::puke:

I Have Always Voiced My Concerns Over These Bulbs And Sure Enough The Daily Express Newspaper Has A Front Page Warning , As Well As Two Inside Pages

Also CFL's Can Not Give Accurate P.A.R Readings :siskel:

Consider A Healthy Alternative ; L.E.D Striplights:wink:

Also Anyone Suffering From Lupus Should Steer Well Clear of CFL's , Which Contain Powdered Mercury

I Am Going To Start A Safety Thread On These Carcinogen/ Neurology Impairing " Eco Lights " Later Today

Please Be Careful Out There ( Especially Those Using 125- 300 Watt Versions :icon_confused: )

I'm Not JoeKing On This , I'm Deadly Serious:read:

JKP

5. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Agh fuck it. Everything in life kills you, why not my lights!

Joe King Park likes this.
  6. major

major Begun Flowering

Is it ok to change the day time perid during flowering? Or they will hermie immediately?

My day time starts 11:30 in the morning till 11:30 almost midnight, It is the same since I started growing 5 months ago and I have 5 plants in flowering.

I saw that it would be better to have day time during the night because of heat issues so should I switch??:roulette:

7. blah blah boy

Thanks for all your replies, but I don't think you know what I'm asking. Maybe I am not esplaining it enough.

Lets try this......everyone:bongin:

Repeat if necessary.

Ok....

If I put the flower on at 8 at night and water and feed whatever at 8 in the morn. Would that effect anything if I took an hr looking at the plants?

It would mean they would have 13hrs of light, or would it?

also another question; I just started some seeds (bag) about 36, 1/2 will probably be male. anyway, I put them in the veg side no light cause I heard that they start better with no light just dark and wet area. The temp in there without the light gets down to 55f. Is this kosher?

Thanks for the quick replies!

my god I just posted early thismorning.

You can see my closet under the DIY threads "Blah Blah's closet"

8. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

if the light comes on at 8 pm I would water at 9 pm. also 55* is too low

9. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

10. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Temperature

That's too cold for germination. Keep temps between 70-80F.

I keep the temp 76-78F with a reptile thermostat and ceramic heater bulb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. blah blah boy

When I put the light on it will get to 80 F, so maybe I should should turn the light on huh?:thumbsup:

12. blah blah boy

13. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

If you had to choose, less light for an hour is better than 13 hrs of light.

If it ain't flowering, it doesn't matter how many lumens you pump into it...

14. HappyHappyHighGuy

You can leave the vegging lights on 24/7 as long as they don't leak into the flowering area.

15. blah blah boy

No can do I have to open the flower side to get to the veg side. So I got to plan this right.

16. mr.anonymous

mr.anonymous What to grow next is hard

Flip them around:rofl:

17. blah blah boy

after all that work! :puke:

:roulette:

Really, it's to small.

18. shaitand

shaitand The Dark One

I'd say that depends. Generally less light is better than more. But the real answer is to water at the beginning of the cycle, not the end. or better yet, switch yer rooms around!

Seriously, if that is too much work, you are taking up the wrong hobby.

19. blah blah boy

Seriously, you show me how to do that with a 15.5" square area by 5' tall. Than we can talk

20. HappyHappyHighGuy

You can fit 2 veg areas and 1 flower area in that space with a micro SOG setup in the flowering chamber.