Who was your Hero growing up???

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Mermaid, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Who had the biggest influence on you growing up?? For me it would be my father....wise man with a heart of gold. He always taught us to be independent and make our own happiness...never be a victim. He is a strong soul and loves to help out other's. Very positive and taught me all I know bout gardening, life in general and most of all about nature. Also need to show some love to my my g-ma and my "late pops".....loved their stories and g-ma taught me to cook and can veggies. Nuffin like grandparents... ;)

So tell me who was your hero or someone you looked up too??

Peace~mermaid :animbong:

2. f.l.a.

f.l.a. Drifting in sticky waters

What a difference she makes in my life...

My mother is my hero, my best friend- I never had a father figure in my life so my mom had to play double duty. She is a wonderful mother and if I got out of line she would switch roles quick - she dont take sh:icon_confused:t from no one. She instilled that in me and, to think with your heart, your name's not Matt, don't let anyone walk over you. If you can-picture a skinny white 'Madea'... She's turning 50 this month and she's no 50 year old - she's the greatest grandmother, too. With baseball,football,basketball,bowling,tumbling, etc that my 10 yr old son plays, she's right there in the thick of it. Sometimes he can't keep up with her :laugh1:. I am truly blessed to have her , she even helps me with my grows.:smoke2: :smoke2:

3. JohnH

JohnH Smoker Extraordinaire

Never looked up to anyone as a kid I can remember, parents weren't around much and I had a out to get everyone cause I'm unhappy with life attitude. It's my way or the highway.

I've been too stubborn and hard headed to ever listen to anyone's advice.

4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Mr.Ally McCoist M.B.E >:Local boy done good!

MY DAD

Came from a broken home but went to live with my dad while my other siblings had no choice and had to go live in England with my mum,so iv got tremendous respect for what my dad went through to provide for me,he had to leave his job as an elevator engineer as a hernia prob stopped him from heavy work so he went to university and got a degree in sociology/psycology...basically he is the = of a social worker,hes the man who i admire most in life..... but if ya wanna know my childhood hero then here he is>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[​IMG] Ally McCoist(Rangers/Football Superstar from my N/Hood!)[​IMG]

[​IMG]BUT>>>If we are talking heroes then for me as a kid there wasnt any other hero for me than the striker for my local team Glasgow Rangers,he came from the EXACT same housing scheme area as me and his parents still live round here,anyway his name is Ally McCoist M.B.E. and he became the highest ever scoring Rangers and Scotland player/scorer of all time beating the record set by Sir Bob McPhail nearly 60 years earlier

....he played for Rangers for 10 years and became the clubs all time top scorer on over 350 goals in various competitions including the elite champions european league.I guess he was a hero cos he was a local boy who done good,he had songs written about him by the fans and he recieved an M.B.E(member of the british empire,like a knighthood from the Queen) for his amazing services to sport.

He is now the assistant manager at Rangers and will one day ,as hes currently being groomed for the it,become the manager and head coach at Rangers so hes still kind of a local hero to me,iv met him several times and hes so funny and ALWAYS has time for the fans,etc.In his last game for Rangers at the old age of 32 he scored a great goal in the scotish cup final to win the trophy for Rangers,also in his last appearance for his country Scotland he also scored a great goal to end his international career,he went on to make a soccer film with Robert Duvall called 'a shot at glory'

He does a lotta work for charity and one of those charities means a LOT to me so hes basically an all round hero for many reasons but mainly cos he comes from my n/hood and became the greatest rangers striker of all time.He also won the coveted GOLDEN BOOT award two years running which is no mean feat considering to win it you have to be the top goal scorer in Europe out of 30 different leagues!Hes a true local legend and Rangers legend aswell as a tv personality with the unique 'Glesga' pater/banter:wink:A gentleman and one of the best strikers EVER,as the song goes "super ally,super ally,ole ole ole":icon_salut:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]A signed portrait of the rangers legend^^^^^^[​IMG]

Heres a link to my clubs homesite and this link will take you to the rangers 'hall of famers' which is an elite group of players from the clubs history since it was formed in 1873,only the greatest make it into the Rangers hall of fame. LINK:> http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HallOfFame/0,,5~529622,00.html

5. hairypothead

hairypothead AKA Jerseydude - Banned once again

Theodore Roosevelt.

He overcame asthma as a child and turned himself into a man by turning to boxing & sports.

Plus, he didn't take crap from no one and stood up for what was right.

IMO, he was the last great American President.

6. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

Wile E Coyote.

Genious

7. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Captain cave man

8. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

My mom was my hero growing up and today. I was a brat of a kid, thats for sure. My mom disiplined me well and she is now the one who has my major respect. She made me feel safe so now I go on through my adult life (though it has only just begun) feeling safe and confident in myself and my abilities. She taught me to stand up for myself and also to care about people and their feelings. She taught me respect for people and animals and she is always there for me. No matter what stupid stuff I do, she always forgives me. She is my best friend.

9. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

My hero

I never really thought of having a hero, but if I had to reply, I would say it was my (late) Grandma.

Sadly, she died 2 years ago at the ripe old age of 104! (was just 3 mos. from 105)

My Grandpa died early, and left her to raise 9 kids during the Great Depression.

People were tough back then, and she never complained about anything.

Just imagine....being around before the invention of the airplane! (not to mention all of the other inventions during her life).

She once told us of a time when she was in grammar school (a 1 room schoolhouse at that) and a 'flying machine' had to make an emergency landing in a field near-by.

No one had ever seen one b4, and the teacher let school out for the rest of the day to go see this 'newfangled' device.

She also had a drivers license, and drove her little Maverick til she was 95 y.o. (when she fucked up her hip).

The worst part about living to be that old, is having to experience your children dying before you. (she lost 4).

I loved my Grandma, and miss her!! :love4:

R.I.P. Grandma Rainey!!

10. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

The one and only shadowy elite org known as "The A Team!"

I dont even havta post reasons why.For any self respecting kid growing up in the 80's then these guys were DA bomb:rocker:

R.I.P DIRK BENEDICT:notworthy:

THE 'A' TEAM

"DA DA DA DA DURA DURA " :roll:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Cybele

Cybele Working with MotherNature

My little Pony beats the A team hands down,ROFL! ;-)

:hello:As a Lil Girl,all i cared for was 'my little pony' sets.I dont think i truly had heroes in my life till the past year or so,but these were my silly girlie heroes in respond to the guys macho A TEAM 'heroes':rolleyes2: ,rofl,boys eh?[​IMG]:wave:

CYBELE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. RationalGaze33

RationalGaze33 Established Healthy Roots

lame

I was always stuck in broken homes and parents who hated eachother so it was hard to rely on them, later in life I learned music can become quite the inspiration. It basicaly started with Jimmy Hendrix and progressed into musicians such as Grace Slick, jim morrison, and Fredrik Thordendal (GOD:evil4:) But when it all comes down to it, Jimmy Hendrix was my child hero, I never looked up to someone as much as I did him. His passion for music really got me through those tough times in life, I found myself many a day sitting in my room blasting some purple haze sparking up a bowl of some blueberry kush. Truly a beautiful man!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Voodoo Chile... JIMI was the guitar master!!

Yeah man,nobody embraced JIMI HEDRIX like us brits,we loved him.Iv got a rare recording of him jamming with The Who at the 1978 isle of wight conceert,that was like the UK=of Woodstock at the time.Dont make music like they used to do they?Cheers:smokin:

[​IMG] Its all gone a bit 'pete tong' innit?Dance/Trance seems to be taking over aswell as hip hop but im a big fan of QUALITY rap,not the pop shitfrom ja rule,etc.I like the skills the guys have to spit rhymes at speed and rhyme in syllabelles like eminem does,etc..love battle rappers aswel.

...BUT>>bring back the real rock n roll bands...where are the modrn day Beatles,Stones,The Who,The Doors,Small Faces,Pink Floyd,etc...OASIS is the only modern day brit band that can even hold a candle to the great supergroups of the past 2 or 3 decades.

14. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I write and record my own music....I have a john lennon tattoo....the state of music today PISSES ME OFF...it is NOTHING but corporate BULLSHIT that has been recorded with FILTERS to counteract the SHITTYNESS of the people who are the "Band".......Sad...Sad....I do, however, like Modest Mouse as a candidate for a good "modern" band....even though they've been around since 94....My hero(s) growing up....And as douche-baggy as it is: The Beatles.

15. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

John Lennon WAS the beatles! Keith Richards IS the Stones!

Hey The Beatles aint nuthin to be ashamed of my good friend,over here in the UK you were either a 'beatle' or a 'rolling stone'... i love both,lol.The stones made classics as did the beatles,John Lennon WAS the beatles.Paul McCartneys a wanker,at least John Lennon sent his M.B.E.(like a knighthood thing:rolleyes:) back to the queen unlike sellout McCartney who sings at private parties for the Queen and butlers:disgust:He should go save the world with Bono and Geldof aswell as the save the world alliance:roll:(tim robbins,sean penn,etc)

KEITH RICHARDS IS THE TRUEST LIVING ROCK AND ROLL LEGEND EVER:rocker:

NOW Ringo Starr seems a cool dude,his son is the drummer for OASIS and iv met him before he joined Oasis when he was a sesion drummer,great guy,quiet but when he does talk its always summit good,his name is ZAK STARKEY. None of y'all into The Who?I know y'all love Pink Floyd right?RIGHT?:wink:Cheers:smokin:

PS: AS I TYPE THIS IM LISTENING TO SNOOP DOGGS BLUE CARPET TREATMENT CD,GO FIGURE:roll:

16. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

this'll pin-point my age, for sure ... micky mantle and roger maris! :D