preflowers

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by wildride27, Aug 13, 2006.

1. wildride27

wildride27 Guest

I have a few females about 3 to 3 and a half months old ... they showed the white hairs about 2 weaks ago...this is bag seed and started gerination at the same time...and they are still in pots there together...one of them is getting kinda of alot of white hairs forming the bud but the other 2 just has the white hairs at at the inernodes... and some of them turned kinda brown...and 1 has purple in the stems at the internodes...and its the only one that does...they are in the same soil that from the same bag....any suggetions?ohhh and the 2 that arent buding are about 6 feet tall and the one that is is about 5 feet

2. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

get them some potassium man ..it's time to flp the lights to 12/12 and give em some flowering nutes ..a good 5-15-10 will work fine...let's see some pics people ..show some nuts folks..

3. wildride27

wildride27 Guest

they were started outside and stay outside...they havent been inside since they hit the soil...but i do have them in pots...why are all 3 of them different...same spot same seeds same soil watered at the same time...what kind of fert or nutes you recomend for flowerering...ill see if i cant get some pics up in a few days and im located in wv and its in these plants genes to flower under low light because of the growing season

4. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

even though it's from the same bud ...all varieties have many different pheno's or types ...like the ww from Nirvana shows a heavy sativa lean, while the sagarmantha is actually more indica leaning with slightly wider leaves

5. mike

mike Veggy Stage

I use Bloom Plus it has a ratio of 10-60-10. Great stuff even from seeds. I know what sex my plants are from seed in as littel as under 4 - 5 weeks old. LOL

6. Mary_jane

Mary_jane Germinated

i had the same thing with the purple in all and i think that indicates that the MJ plant is male just going from what i have seen i had a couple plants before and when i seen the purple on the nodes they turned out being male so i dont know if this is fact but it has not failed me since.

7. Spuddy

Spuddy Veggy Stage

does mj ever turn purple right from the seedling stage and stay that way? i have 5 seedlings (1.5 weeks old) growing right now from the same strain, same soil, same everything, and one of then is turning purple everywhere, while looking very healthy as well. is she gonna be a purple strain, or does that not usually show until flowering?

8. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

purple color in the stems means nothing except maybe hybrid vigor. it's a good thing to see, but doesn't indicate sex like some1 else mentioned. i have purple or scarlet colored stems on some of my plants. peace.nugz

9. Spuddy

Spuddy Veggy Stage

its not just the stems though- the first set of leaves is puple on the bottom, and the newest set coming in (like 1" long so far) is entirely purple, while being very healthy looking. i hope she stays this way :D

10. Mary_jane

Mary_jane Germinated

i am not saying the stems i am saying where the bud is supose to form right in the growth tip! **--->(TIP)<----**if you read carefully you would of seen that i did not say stem at all .

11. wildride27

wildride27 Guest

well i know the purple in it dont meant its a male...cause its budding with white hairs....lol i only had 3 males out of 10 plants...

12. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Someone say purple? Purple in the mainstem usually is a sign that the plant has a phosphorus deficiency, but if the purple is in the leaf stem it's just a genetic trait. That's how it was explained to me anyway. Here is a plant that was VERY purple and VERY female. The purple was an underlying pigment that came out when nitrogen levels in the plant dropped due to flowering. Cold weather can sometimes induce a purple to come out as well.

*NOTE* Notice the GREEN mainstem and the PURPLE leaf stem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Spuddy

Spuddy Veggy Stage

^^ i think that's what my purple one is gonna end up like if its a chick. It's on its second set of 5 fans, and all new growth is purple, while the leaves retain a nice purple tint and edges. its also already growing branches out of the nodes :D

14. phantom

phantom New Sprout

i also have purple/red stems and plants are doing great and budding nicely:D hell one of my plants even has rasberry red pistils ( hairs ) its bag seed so i dont know what it is. but its been nicked named the berry bud, that plant is only one week into flower. cant wait to see big buds with those colors:D . i wouldnt worry about it, keep growin peace