Leaf Problem

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by mike, Aug 12, 2006.

1. mike

mike Veggy Stage

Conditions is 74* - 80* F temps, air flow good, pot size is not the problem, and also they do seem a bit overwaterd. But I only flor water them. Havent feed them nuts for like 2 or 3 days ago. So i highly dought its nut burns.
    It is only on the botom set of leafs. THere 4 weeks old from bagseeds. They are turning brown and curling upwards and twisted. These leafs are the single bladed jag leafs at the botom. Any sugestions or comments would really be helpfull

2. llIndigoll

llIndigoll Medical Grower

What is the soil/water ph?

3. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

it's a micronute def, common in soil that is not already fortified with nutes...what type of soil u got and what does the bag say is in it..?

Get a good micronute solution man if you don't have one already.

4. mike

mike Veggy Stage

I use some cheapo soil that i thank was some Peat moss in it. The nutes I use is Bloom Plus 10-60-10. Cause i do not feal like waiting 6 weeks to know what sex they are. I done yanked one male from seed that was 3 weeks old. :)

How do you lower and up the PH lvls anyways ? I do not have a test at this time. Well i do but its those littel pos one you get from pet store. Water color tester chart tipe. I am looking into geting a good digital one that read soil and water.

5. mike

mike Veggy Stage

PH Levels

Well I used one of those water only PH-Testers and it was around 6.0 - 6.2 "IS THAT ANYGOOD" or is it way off ?

6. Mr. Wakenbake

lol man you got impatient and fertilized early that plant can't be more than a couple weeks old. You killed it, start over...and read a book.Any plant from seed take a while to develop sexual maturity and giving it bloom ferts is doing nothing but giving it what it doesn't need at this time. Your impatience has killed your plant. Get some perlite, get some lighter veg nutes and stop fertilizing so young they don't need it yet. lol RIP RIP RIP lol ..how did you know that it was a male at 3 weeks from seed???I would love to hear.

7. mike

mike Veggy Stage

GEz well there still alive and growing well. They may be growing there new sets of leafs slower with that tipe of ferts. But i can tell you this. NO BALL means females :) I also intend on going to wally world today and geting the vegan nutes such as 8-8-0 or something to that ratio or just plane (N). By the way this is not my first grow percay. But it is my first grow indoors that i have done well.

8. Mr. Wakenbake

^^^your plants are too small to show any sex at all or to be adding nutes at all ...right now they aren't mature enough to show sex either way male or female..this isn't my first rodeo either, ^^^..if in doubt flush em out... when you buy them nutes, don't add them for about a month ....don't add them till the bottom leaves start to look like the green in getting drained out but they don't brown or crisp...add nutes lightly to start and feed the m on a schedule from then on and they will be back to normal.

"The purpose of adding nutes is not to make a plant grow faster, but rather keep them healthy!"

If you would only add nutes when the plants tell you they need it your plants will grow much healthier and with fewer ph problems.

But, discerning the symptoms of a nute def from other symptoms take experience and book knowledge, cause you will never really know what's wrong with a plant until you fully undertand what a plant needs to survive.

I know I ramble, but you should heed the advice for an easier grow next go round.....read until your eyes bleed.

9. mike

mike Veggy Stage

I thank what it was. Is that I over watered them the last time. Now that there is 1 - 2 inchs dry soil on top. They seem to be looking alot beter. If you look at the noods there are tiny white hairs and green alterning nood growth. If you had a microscope you could tell male or female alot earlyer then you thank dude. Get real.