Auto Watering

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by anton9881, Aug 12, 2006.

1. anton9881

anton9881 Established Healthy Roots

I am leaving for college in

2. Mr.Dope

Mr.Dope Master Grower Of The Kind

I dont think its gona be a good idea to let a "auto watering" system to do the job. You need to keep good eye on your plants almost every day. You never know when something might go wrong. And with this auto watering, the plants might get over-watered or under-watered. What about the ferts? How will you feed the plants?

I would just get a hydro system if you wanted to do that.

3. Grower#69

Grower#69 Germinated

hey,

do you have a friend that could come over when you parents are gone and water them for you. if you do, then let them come over and see how you handle your plants for everything and get them used to it. If not, i recommend to make your own hydroponic system with the same idea you had but the medium is something like hydropelets. (small clay pellets) or hydroton. then use that water pump you want and let the roots thrive in the water below. get grow nets. (it's pots with slits in them). then you don't really have to worry that much about over watering or under-watering. and get a cheap $8 air pump with some air hose and an air stone. that'll keep the roots rich with oxygen so they can stay healthy.

good luck with it.

and if all else fails. just take the plants to college. unless you have one of those college's that checks on the dorm rooms. then nevermind.

well, that's all i can say man.

peace.

4. high yields

high yields Veggy Stage

It is definitely doable. Check out norcal creations. They used to have a soil moisture sensor, Could probably get one if you e-mailed them. Then hook your pump up to it and it will be good to go.

5. mistical

mistical Blazed and Confused

example of autowatering, gravity fed when plant require,non re-circlating so nutes and ph dont change, can leave em fer a few days

6. mistical

mistical Blazed and Confused

oops heres pics

bits 023 (Small).jpg

/monthly_2006_08/57a6c90a8b5d9_bits023(Small).jpg.48777e8cc6861176c5ad47bc1a8ee570.jpg

7. slag

slag Germinated

stick a towel or cloth into ur soil and stick the other end in how any gallons of water container u think u need to use,very simple.draws the water from container into ur soil wen it needs it ,just lik a wick system. hop this helps/do a trial run with one pot/peace barney town

8. high yields

high yields Veggy Stage

Just to add in there. You won't end up with 10 lbs off two 430's.

9. bongpig

bongpig Veggy Stage

If you want 10 lbs you would need at least 14 400w lights or 10 600w lights.

The most i've got from a 400 is 13oz and the most i've got from a 600 is 20oz

10. buddomi

buddomi Banned

11. high yields

high yields Veggy Stage

I believe the complete opposite. Anything auto will increase your yields. Weather sleeping in the room next door, or traveling the country. I used to have to travel for work, and from late Sunday to late Friday I would be gone 3 weeks a mo.

When I was home on the weekends I tend to the plants, move the lights, Prepare the next week reservoirs(I had one with plain Ph'd water and one with the nutes).

There are ways to cover every aspect of a grow, and even ways for you to be able to control on the road. PM me if you need any help.

12. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

I didn't think Hortilux made 430wt bulbs

13. MRSHOTCALLA

MRSHOTCALLA Germinated

ive used 430's for about 6 years now and the most i ever pulled off of 20 plants is about 2 1/2 lbs..

14. high yields

high yields Veggy Stage

And I would say that that is a good yield off 430's. How many you running?