last few weeks of flowering

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by ontheisland, Aug 12, 2006.

1. ontheisland

ontheisland Veggy Stage

I've read but have heard otherwise that during the last three weeks of flowering, people will starve a plant (no water or ferts) in an effort to get bigger bud development because the plant will use up all the nutrients of what's left in the plants parts itself to stay alive. It sounds perfectly reasonable but has anyone else heard different or perhaps use another strategy to bulk up the yield?

2. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

use water the last 3 weeks no ferts period..just water..and doing anything that stressful that late in flowering could cause hermies.......just water them ...you will still get all of the resin production that you want....

3. meatwad

meatwad Veggy Stage

give them some creatine to get BIG!

4. Mr.Dope

Mr.Dope Master Grower Of The Kind

Make that the last 2 weeks of flower. Give them only water.

5. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

MAN,......... YOU BEEN AT THE GYM TOOOOOO MUCH!!!!! DAMNNNNNN!!

WTF??? CREATINE???? MUTHA FUCKA, PLEASE! THAT AINT NO WAY TO GET YOUR PANTS THAT EXTRA STICKY ICKY DAWG.......LMAO@YA.......

CREATINE SHOULD STAY THE FUCK AWAY IN THE FUCKIN GYM.(full fuckin stop to that one)

Anyway....... try n stick to the plant training and NOT your fuckin muscles man......... :p

And iff yer gonna make suggestions like that.....keep em man.......

that bullshit........

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO "NOT" USE FUCKIN CREATINE, ESECIALLY "NOT" THE LIQUID.........FFS MAN.LOLLOLOLOL

TRY A GOOD BUD BOOSTER........= "TOPMAX" (AGreat extra yeilder/bud booster, totally ORGANIC too)

Try that out my friend, and let me know....... as that is the "EXTRA" bud inhancer, that i myself use, and have done for all my growths scince the fuckin begining of my time growing anyway.........

PEACE OUT PEOPLE........

UrBigBuddie..........:cool: :D

P.S, and YES...... (3 weeks? no..) 2 WEEKS, THEN ADD NOTHING FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS AS THE PLANT THEN WILL THRIVE ONLY FROM THE PLANT'S LEFTOVER NUTES N JUST FEED/ADD WATER FOR LAST 2 WEEKS OF BUDDING.....:cool:

6. ontheisland

ontheisland Veggy Stage

Ok. Just plain ole' H20 during the last couple weeks. Should I be adjusting the watering schedule at that point as well? Right now, I've got watering/feeding to every fourth day and things are good, but should it be adjusted towards the end?

7. Project-X

Project-X Mayor of Trichome Valley

Excellent reply by UrBigBuddie!!! LMFAO!! Tell it like it is. UrBigBuddie always has good advice, so listen to him.

8. llIndigoll

llIndigoll Medical Grower

A plant that receives no water in the last week before harvesting will dry quicker after the chop.

Starving plants is adding stress, and if done in moderation may prove effective. What you do not want to do is stress your plant to the point of not producing. Too much stress at the wrong time can reduce your yield and potency. Experimentation is a great way to learn what your strain needs. Document what you find, adapt with successive harvests, and you'll be good to grow.

9. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

The plants go through stages with water consuption it seems to me..Now being that this is now my 4th grow i know that

1: At seedling stage the plant's consume little water....they are normally in such small mediums that the lights dry the soil more than the tiny plant consumes...if that makes sense.

2:Adolescent stage; the plants consume more and more water and the watering schedule now has shorter periods of time between waterings.

3: Adult stage ..about 2 months in a plant becomes sexually mature and begins to produce crazy growth ...this is where potting up to a 3-5 gallon pot comes in handy cause for 1 ..yes there is unused soil, but the bottom soil stays moist until the plant needs it and it helps you to not water as much later on in flowering .

The area around the main stem and root mass is dried out the quickest...

just don't over water man.....that's what i am trying to get at