Homemade Pepper/Soap Bug Spray

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by GeoKitty, Jul 31, 2006.

1. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

I just made a hot pepper & castile soap bug spray that killed every flying gnat & spider mite that we had in one application....so far! We'll spray again in a couple of days to make sure they're all gone, but we've seen NOTHING moving...not even in the dirt!! The plants are doing well too!

I bought 1 fresh Jalapeno & 1 Serrano chili peppers, cut them up and put 'em in a one gallon glass jar with a few cloves of crushed garlic, dried red pepper flakes & Cayenne chili powder....poured boiling water over it and let it set overnight.
    In the morning, I strained the mixture and added a few tablespoons of pure castile soap & put it in a spray bottle and went to town on the girls!

After a few days, we'll wash and flush, but all seems fine right now!!

2. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Update!

Just as an update, we sprayed two more times..waiting a day or so between sprayings. We also wiped the plants off a couple of times to get rid of the spider mites, then resprayed.

That homemade bug spray kicked ass!

At harvest time, we trimmed leaves, then chopped down the cherry trees......took them outside and sprayed them off well to remove any dead bugs and leftover handmade bug spray....hung them up to dry then dried and cured as usual.

We saw, felt or tasted no side affects...no peppermint castile soap or hot pepper taste...and experienced no loss of buzz power!

So, I guess we done okay!

3. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Geo....great news girly!! Glad it all worked out for you and the Mr. :D

Peace~Jersey