Almost done

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by BC Kid, Aug 7, 2006.

1. BC Kid

BC Kid Begun Flowering

Attached Files:

2. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

looks like around a 1/2 to 1 oz.

3. BC Kid

BC Kid Begun Flowering

Awsome!! Yea Im pretty happy with the way they turned out.

4. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

is that the total of 3 plants harvested? also how long did you flower?

5. BC Kid

BC Kid Begun Flowering

That is 3 of 6, I flowerd for about 1 1/2 months. I basicly choped em when 3/4 of the hairs turned red.

6. BC Kid

BC Kid Begun Flowering

How long would you hang these for before the cure? Im going to try the jar method.

7. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

I think You've harvested too early, I bet if you let it go another month, you would of at least doubled your yield or more. remember, hairs can turn red, but the ratio changes often, you picked it at a point where the plant was slowing budding, but also getting ready to go into full flower, and starting to bud profusely. a new burst of growth would change your ratio's of red to white hairs, and can even turn a plant that looks like it has 50% red hairs into a plant that looks like it has 10%, but with more bud. it doesn't mean its harvest as soon as a certain amount of hairs turn, because new calyx's will grow and change that ratio, even when your bud growth slows and you don't think there will be a burst.

8. BC Kid

BC Kid Begun Flowering

Hmmmm shity buzz, if that is the deal. So then at what point would one decide there will be no new growth. I learned that from a vid I saw so i figured they were done. They never said anything about new growth god damit!! :confused:

So should i basicly toss and try again or will it still be good? Not that i would toss my bud but you know what I mean.

9. Mr.Dope

Mr.Dope Master Grower Of The Kind

You can toss them this way BCkid:D

Yeah you should have waited atleast to the 8th week.

10. BC Kid

BC Kid Begun Flowering

But its still gonna be good right......... :(

11. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

maybe a little, maybe the best YOU ever smoked, but no where near what it could of been. I guarantee it. I tried to tell you before you chopped that it was a bit early. you gotta be patient. during the last 2 weeks the bud growth explodes, and fattens up...you only went 6...not 8. not matter what strain, 8 weeks is the earliest you should pick, unless its some designer strain made to be quick. you definitely lost out. this should serve as a good example to those who are new and see this, impatience is very costly. you spent all that time growing, just to harvest it too early.

12. BC Kid

BC Kid Begun Flowering

Damit! "slowly backs into the bushes with tail between his legs"

13. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

BC....we all live and learn frm grow to grow. ;) Least you got something frm it so it is not a total loss. Sure you would have gotten more if you had waited. ;) Then again some ppl never get even a single bud frm their first grow due to various reasons....least your plants survived and you learned what to do on your next grow. :D

Peace~Jersey

14. BC Kid

BC Kid Begun Flowering

Cool....well i still have one left to work with anyway. Hope to have some little ones on the way soon then. Keep ya posted. But yea....how long should these girls hang?

15. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

well if you have one plant left going, good. you can see how much larger it gets from the time you picked the others to the time your supposed to harvest. sometimes harvests extend an extra week or two over the normal 8. I was about to harvest at 8, then all of a sudden, huge bud growth...I'm thinking I'm gonna have to go to 9 or 10 weeks. I believe it is a sativa indica hybrid though. with most sativa's, you'll only want to harvest as early as 10 weeks. you can do it earlier if it is ready, but I'm trying to give you a time line of the minimum you normally should.

16. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

just like they say... 'when you think it is ready...give it another week'. It is because bud growth may seem to slow or stop, then burst again.

17. krondikebar

krondikebar In A Cloud Of Kush Smoke

yea man, looks like you should have waited ATLEAST another 2 weeks. The trics look pretty good, and it will atleast give you a head change, but im sure that your buds would have doubled in size and girth had you waited longer. I kno it sucks at the time, but like the others said, atleast you learned from it. I BADLY Burned my biggest/best plant on its 2nd or 3rd week of flowering, I was really pissed at first, but then I realized atleast I learned not to let a plant get anywhere near that close to a 1000W hps. :D

18. BC Kid

BC Kid Begun Flowering

Well today I sampled a bit on the way home from work, Still needs to cure longer but holy crap! I thought i was going to have to pull over. So that was good. Oh well I can only learn from my mistakes. Regardless Im proud of what I grew so thats all that counts.

Kid

19. carly22

carly22 Developed Alternating Nodes

ya man, you should be proud! it looked real pretty in the pictures :)

also now i will learn from your mistake. heh. everything happens for a reason ;)