Reveg and try again?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by BC Kid, Aug 6, 2006.

1. BC Kid

BC Kid Begun Flowering

I have a plant that got really bushy only had little popcorn buds that really wont add up to much in the end. What are the chances of taking this girl and cliping what ever i can off her, then reveging to take some clones and trying again. She was bag seed but the others really turned out nice with a large main cola. think i could do it? Or will she die?

2. jerseydude

jerseydude Banned

If you're talking about re-vegging the mother after, I guess it's possible.

I have read in a few places though that re-vegging like that really stresses the plant and reduces it's potency. The author likened it to taking a copy of a copy of a copy. I can't say myself from personal experience. I did re-veg a couple of ladies about 2 weeks into 12/12 after they showed sex and then took clones. But I can't say if the potency was reduced cos I obviously didn't sample the plant prior. I can say that I was pleased with the result,

Also, the clones might take a little more time to root.

3. BC Kid

BC Kid Begun Flowering

hmmmm well i think i will have to try it. i mean there is really nothing to loose. And if it works out then cool i have a mother. Well i will only use her once and take closes from the new ones if they work out. Thanks

4. Mr.Dope

Mr.Dope Master Grower Of The Kind

Yeah BC, its sometimes good to take a chance. You never know what to expect. Hell yeah they take a bit longer to root after they have been on 12/12. I had to go threw that when I tried to determin sex on my 2 plants. They were under 12/12 for about 1 1/2 weeks and then I cloned them.

5. BC Kid

BC Kid Begun Flowering

So how long about should it take for my plant to go back into veg mode?? After the light has been put on 18/6 again of course.