8 Days of this Heat Wave....ughh!!

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Mermaid, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Well the past days have been so friggin hot....temps went to 100 degrees in Jersey and with the heat index it was 110!! A man came in my work today and was saying that it is hotter then Texas due to the humidity here. Lots of elderly dying....ERs are flooded with ppl suffering heat exhaustion, heat strokes, dehydration and so on.
    We are to get some nasty T-storms tonite with hail and high winds of 60mph...some areas have posted tornado warnings as well. They said it should cool down by the weekend~~~> sure hope so. My dad just got out of the hospital for having bacterial pneumonia last week.....he has major heart problems so we are all making sure he does not go out in this heat & kicks back in his recliner in the AC and chill out. He is having a hard time sleeping since he cant smoke until the infection is totally gone. Hopefully he can soon.... ;) He is a old head...really good man and I hope this heat breaks so he can get outside more as he is a outdoorsy person so he is getting cabin fever already being stuck indoors.
    If you live in the N.E.....check on your neighbors who are elderly and alone. Some of them get so weak they forget to turn on their AC's. The news put out a bulletin asking ppl to check and make sure if you know someone with an existing heart & lung condition, diabetes or any other medical problems tp please check on them & make sure they are inside and cool. Some have no family nearby and they are finding them dead in their homes or apts>>>so sad. They said to check to see if they are in a air conditoned house/apt....make sure they are hydrated and not weak.
    Stay cool everyone!! AC and pool for me on these hot days! ;)

Peace~Jersey

2. Spuddy

Spuddy Veggy Stage

im in new england and this heat wave SUCKS! i had to work in the sun yesterday (105* heat index or something like that) and today im all fucked up.. had no voice this morning, had to leave work at 10 am due to being extremely spacey and having barely enough energy to stand.. im getting a little better, especially after sleeping a solid 16 hours last night through today, but im still tired as hell and have to go to bed early again

it never even occured to me that seniors were taking this badly, ill keep my eyes open

3. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Holy Shit!!

Damn JerseyGirl!! It gets Fuckin' A Hot here in the desert, but you guys back East have to deal with the added humidity factor!! I can't even imagine how badly that must suck!

I know I HATED living in Florida with all that humidity, but that was nowhere near what you're experiencing now!!

We had a few heat related deaths here last year, some old folks couldn't afford to pay the increased rates on their electric bill for the Summer, so didn't run the ac and died from the excessive heat. Same story this year, as the rates have gone up again!

Isn't it amazing that the Bush Administration still insists that there's no such thing as Global Warming???

With all the evidence to the contrary??

Try to stay cool and hope your Daddy does okay!!

4. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Not really...rather the norm if you ask me. Nothing like sticking your head in the sand...or is that up your bum? :rolleyes:

5. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

Im in Canada and it was 35*C (45*C) with humidity two days ago. I went to the driving range that day, and i almost passed out on my feet.

I want some snow!

6. Administrator

Damn pussys. :cool:

I live in Cali with NO AC and not even a swamp cooler..on hot days (and there are MANY) it gets to be 103 IN MY HOUSE! Quit your crying. :p

7. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Yeo Geo....aint that the truth? Get this...next yr they are to raise our electric bills almost 90 bucks a month....??? How are the old folks on SSI supposed to pay that yanno? I agree with ya 100 percent Geo...it is crzy!! We already pay so many taxes and car insurance alone is a crime!! Global warming here we come...it is here and those who say not>>are crzy!! Proof is in the air and the water...just look at the weather changes across the nation this last yr.....weird whacky weather too!

Dan...lol the way the weather has been in the north east...watch we will get snow early this year. ;)

Geo......Thanks for wishing my daddy well too!! :)

Peace~Jersey

8. jerseydude

jerseydude Banned

So the big heat wave 'broke'

Yeah, sure.

This morning it was only 83 instead of 89 with OPPRESSIVE humididty.

The only thing that I like about summer is the fresh fruits & veggies.

Cherries, watermelon, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :)

9. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

LOL ...I thought the same! Now they changed the weather forecast to this weekend it will get cooler....yanno how the weather channel is? :rolleyes:

They change their mind more then we change our undies. Plus the storms they predicted for last nite are now gonna happen tonight instead. We got a small storm but lasted only 15 mins and didn't give the rain they predicted.....well off to water my lawn and flower beds. ;)

Spuddy and Dan....make sure you hydrate well today>>remember WATER is your frd! Sorry to hear you were so sick yesterday frm it....I really feel for those working outside in this.....ewwwwwwww!! I know the military base next to me shut down their outside exercises at noon yesterday as soldiers were gettin sick frm the humidity combined with HIGH temps. Gaterade is a good drink for keeping hydrated >>>tho ewww I don't like the stuff! :p

Peace~JG

10. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

The Weather People!

Yah, it cracks me up every time we get "A Monsoon" here!! The weather people make such a huge deal out of a thunder storm.....with their expensive, eye-catching graphics.......MONSOON SEASON 2006 and interrupting regular programming with "BREAKING NEWS" about the storm!! It's some fucking rain and wind people!!! It's not like it's a hurricane or a tsunami comming to wipe us all out!!

Then of course, we ALWAYS get some dumb ass trying to cross a flooded road in his car or truck, and the helicopter squad has to come & rescue their stupid ass!! This last year, some rich, selfish fuck in a Hummer got stuck crossing a creek!! A Hummer for Christ's sake!! Maybe Mr. Moneybags shoulda bought himself some driving lessons along with that gas guzzling "Look At How Much Money I Have" piece of shit!!!!

Anyways, here's a thought, if I want to know what the weather is like......I'll stick my head out the window!!

11. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

ROFLMAO!!....yah them stupid ass men with their big ass trucks who can't even 4-wheel to save their life!!:rolleyes: I grew up 4-wheeling and always loved when some idiot who woke up that morning and said....hmm I want a big truck to go wheeling in...then comes out to the pits and first thing he does is what? Gets stuck in muddy waters...hahaha!! Then begs everyone to help pull him out. :p

You got it girly!! Same here...I just look up in the sky...or at the leaves on my trees and plants. Hell the birds will let ya know when one is coming too!

What is funnier is when a REALLY nasty one hits...and no warning. Next thing you know.....power is out for hours and lots of damage to the propety.

Peace~JG

12. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Twas 118 here a week ago....seems the heat moved on and now you guys get it :eek: cuz now it's breezy and in the 80s-low 90s. ahhhh

oh yeah and i'm back....off to see what I missed...

13. jerseydude

jerseydude Banned

You missed a LOT!!! :D

14. Administrator

Feels damn good don't it Canna? I been doing all my tree cutting, ditch digging, and any other outside work while I got this cool air. Now...if it'll just hold. I got more work to do. :cool:

15. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Welcome home Canna...how was the vacation girl? :D

Peace~Jersey

16. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

it was AWESOME thanks for asking :) That town just makes me happy specially with all my family around. I would give anything to live there. Maybe someday......I could definately go to school down there but studio apartments are in the thousands sooooo uhh probly not. Anywho yeah it was great had a great time and also totally bonded with on of my cousins who also smokes.

Yeah herb the weather is great. The backyard now looks like crap after all the heat so back to makin it pretty again.

17. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Glad to hear you had a GREAT trip girly!!! I too would love to live smack on the beach>>always have. Love water.....whether it be oceans...lakes....ponds....creeks...rivers...swimming pool or even a bath tub! I think I was a fish, dolphin or maybe a mermaid in my past life.... :D LOL OR maybe I was a fisherman...all I know is I love to fish and love to swim!!

Peace~Jersey

PS...the weather had broke to lower temps....well at least a litte! ;)