When to flower??

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by hygrade, Feb 6, 2008.

1. hygrade

hygrade _________________________

Any opinions on when i should start these 4 girls flowering? they'll be flowering under a 400watt hps in the 24"x26"x41"high area in the pics in 2 gal. grow bags,they are 3 weeks and 4 days old from sprouting,saturday will be 4 weeks.they have been getting 24 hours of light,135 watts of 6000k cfl and 9325k floro tube light for 12 hours a day and the 400 watt hps for 12 hours a day,just pinched & bent them a few days ago and they are starting to shoot up now.i want as big of a yield as i can get,but the limited space,so when should i go ahead and switch them to 12 hours? thanks

the ones i'm wanting to flower are the first 4 from the back,the bigger ones one the left are some bagseed females i'm playing with,the other 3 small ones will be mothers
    [​IMG]
    here they are
    [​IMG]
    here is a shot of the flowering area,pretty cramped
    [​IMG]

2. Allen

Allen Humble Gardener

I can't really tell how much space upwards you have from the big ones on the left. IMO, I'd veg them another week or so, judging by how slowly they've been growing. Your space is pretty small, and the church will double in size easily in the first 2-3 weeks of flowering.

3. hygrade

thanks allen,i was thinking about doing it on the 16th,5 weeks from sprout,but again,i'm not sure how big they'll get,i have 41 inches from the floor to the top,including the height of the 2 gal.grow bags.

4. Fretgod

Fretgod Excommunicated

id let them get a little bigger than those ones on the left and then flower them, you should be fine.

5. CaptKush

CaptKush Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I think I would flower them pretty soon...is that a mini fridge you are using? You have to think they will stretch at least double the size, maybe even triple. you dont want to run out of room

6. Fretgod

Fretgod Excommunicated

you have MORE than enough room for those teeny things to tripple in size, let them get as big as the ones on the left

7. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

If the ladies do get a li'l too big, you could aways remove the shelf & set 'em on the floor of the fridge...

Looks like you'd get about 6 - 8" more room for verticle growth if ya need it.:smokin:

8. hygrade

thanks,i'm just not sure how big they'll get,the trainwreck is supposed to really stretchy and the church is supposed to be really bushy and there is 2 of each,i plan on removing the shelf when i have to,i just want to make sure that they won't be growing up into the light to burn,i need to keep them around 6 inches away from it,i think.the cool tube is cool to the touch,i guess i'm just hoping i don't get into trouble with the height.i'm looking for about a 2 foot plant and with the growth boost of flowering i really have no indication of how tall they'll get.i appreciate all help from anyone,thanks